If you’re looking for a mission-driven Catholic job, writing a resume can be intimidating.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the task of summarizing your work history and skills in just one page. But don’t worry! We have some tips that will help you create an effective resume that will land you more interviews with top Catholic employers.
You might not know where to start or what information Catholic employers are really looking for on resumes these days. Don't stress out about it, though! Consider these 10 tips for getting it just right.
- Choose the best resume format. For creatives, something creative. If you're seeking an admin position, go traditional.
- Don't forget to list your contact information!
- Write a winning resume introduction. Sometimes this makes the difference between getting the whole resume reviewed or not.
- Highlight your relevant work experience. Keep it short. Keep it compelling.
- Create a clear education section.
- Add relevant skills for the job you seek.
- Tie in key certifications, awards, & honors.
- Pick the ideal resume layout.
- Write a matching cover letter.
- Proofread your resume.
- Most importantly, if you're a Catholic seeking a mission-driven position it's ok to state this in your CV! Catholic employers are seeking staff dedicated to their faith.