Choice has been successfully placing people to work since 1974! Putting people to work is what has kept us in business for 45 years!
We are presently working on a temporary support position:
POSITION TITLE: Family Life Temporary Support Specialist
This position requires a highly organized individual who is responsible for operational aspects of the Family Life Office, especially, but not limited to, the operational and administrative components of the marriage prep program (Spanish and English). This person will be required to handle a steady volume of callers – primarily Spanish-speaking couples - in a pastoral and articulate manner, with a sense of urgency, and with an emphasis on good judgment and confidentiality, as the Office builds and transitions to the new unified marriage prep program.
- Supports the Marriage Prep Program (English and Spanish) in key tasks, including:
- Mailing and assuring delivery of marriage preparation materials to marriage prep facilitators and program/parish sites.
- Providing assistance to couples (via phone and email) in relation to the Pre-Cana Days, online components, rescheduling of couples, and sending out registration reminder emails to couples.
- Entering Pre-Cana evaluations into our database, if needed.
- Assisting in the Catholic Couple Check/Prepare-Enrich premarital inventory process.
- Answers and/or fields email and phone calls that come into the FL Office in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assists with internal system operations tasks related to the My Catholic Faith Delivered (MCFD) registration/learning system, as well as testing the new Spanish MCFD platform.
- Assists with all office operations as directed by the Director/Assistant Director.
- Assists the Director and Assistant Director as needed in the continued transition of the Spanish and English marriage preparation/marriage ministries programming and initiatives.
- Assist other Family Life Office staff as directed by the Director or Assistant Director.
Required Faith-Based Knowledge/Commitment:
- A practicing Catholic who accepts Church teachings, particularly on issues relating to the Office's mission to promote respect for human life, family and marriage, chastity and human sexuality.
- Must be able to support the Family Life Office’s mission to respect all human life, in particular the most vulnerable.
Education, Experience and ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong technology skills with proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work both independently as well as with a team of staff members.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.