Holy Family Home is a faith-based personal care home for the elderly. It is dedicated to providing personal and health care in a loving environment based on Christian ideals and principles. Owned and operated by the Sisters Servants of Mary Immaculate, the Sisters appoint a Board of Directors, composed of community-minded citizens. The Home serves primarily, but not exclusively, the Ukrainian / Slavic communities in Winnipeg and Manitoba. The complex is home for over 300 elderly residents and endeavours to meet their physical, psychological, spiritual and social needs. The Home provides many different programs and services, aimed at creating and supporting a home-like atmosphere for its resident population.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Assistant Chief Executive Officer supports and promotes the Home’s resident-centred philosophy of care and works with the CEO in providing leadership and direction for all strategic and operational initiatives established by the CEO and Board of Directors. The Home is seeking a collaborative, supportive and servant leader to empower staff and promote a healthy working environment. This Assistant CEO will have a commitment to the community and its many stakeholders, will model the spiritual values of the organization, and will adopt a consultative and proactive approach when implementing change. Working closely with a diverse team, s/he will nurture and support initiatives aimed at enhancing a culture of care and compassion, and client-centered care. This role offers the opportunity to be a critical component of a well-run operation, committed to a greater purpose.
- Provide leadership and accountability for core functions including strategic planning, program oversight, service delivery, operational management, financial management, and human resources.
- Support the CEO in providing leadership and guidance to the senior leadership team in the implementation of organizational priorities, and celebrating successes in an environment that encourages excellence and personal growth.
- Support and lead the Resident Care Team in ensuring quality resident care, adherence to provincial standards, and the delivery of resident programs and services.
- Proactively identify programs and partnerships that will enhance services for residents and families as well as advance the goals of the organization in its continuing effort to support dementia care and end of life care.
- Provide strategic leadership for HR functions and services and translate organizational goals into HR priorities.
- Post-Secondary degree in related clinical field – registered and/or licenced with a relevant regulatory body.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in healthcare, allied health services exposure is an asset.
- Demonstrated success managing the operations of an agency, facility or operation, with budget and human resources oversight.
- Ability to support the CEO and Board of Directors in developing and implementing the organization’s strategic vision and long-range organizational plans.
- Demonstrated ability to build a highly effective management team and to nurture positive community and stakeholder relationships.
- Adaptable and open-minded person with strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to emotionally connect, empathize and provide support and compassion to a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated commitment to the community and embodiment of the organization’s mission and values.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian language and culture and exposure with a faith-based organization is an asset.
TO APPLY TO THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY PLEASE SEND A RESUME AND COVERING LETTER QUOTING PROJECT 19108 TO firstname.lastname@example.org