To support parents in their vocation as primary educators of their children in order to help students grow in Christ and become intentional disciples.
As a member of St. Mark Catholic Church, we will strive to create a Parish where each member feels like a part of the Parish family and is actively involved in Church activities. We understand and love the Catholic Faith and what makes it special. We are Eucharist-centered, and want to share the love of Christ with others through actions or words.
On May 16, 1997, Bishop William G. Curlin announced the establishment of St. Mark Parish in Huntersville, NC, with Reverend Monsignor Joseph A. Kerin as Pastor. The Parish included Huntersville, Cornelius and Davidson. Masses began at Northcross Lanes (bowling alley) on June 1, 1997. The Rectory and Office were at the corner of Ranson Road and Stumptown Road. The first Mass was attended by 1100 people, including 250 families. Four months later there were 600 registered families and an average of 1300 worshippers. Outgrowing the bowling alley, the Church then moved the Sunday Masses to Davidson College, and held Saturday evening Masses at Huntersville United Methodist Church.