Teachers at Marin Catholic have the primary responsibility to implement the school philosophy through the practice of their own faith, through instructional excellence, through participation in the creation of a school community, and through their role as a bridge between the individual student and the world community.
Marin Catholic currently has an opening for a full-time Director for our Academic Support Center in the 2020-21 school year beginning in August 2020.
About the Academic Support Center
In 1997, Marin Catholic High School opened the Academic Support Center to provide assistance and services to students with diagnosed learning differences. The program currently serves approximately eighty students. These students work with specially trained staff and participate in the voluntary program at no additional cost to families. The ASC recognizes the additional challenges many of these students face. The Department strives towards academic and personal success by fostering responsibility, independence, and self-advocacy. The ASC not only assists students and families in the identification of learning differences but also teaches techniques to minimize adverse effects. The ASC offers two levels of service for students - the daily Resource Class or by consultation.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the comprehensive school Academic Support Center program; Adheres to and ensures all school policies/procedures are effectively implemented in the Academic Support Center.
- Oversees assigned students in Academic Support Center, ensuring adherence to student 504’s that support specific learning differences; Prepares classroom accommodation reports for teachers, including submission to our student information system.
- Evaluates student assessment reports; Coordinates and supervises 504 meetings ensuring necessary information and materials are accessible to participants; Ensures that students’ evaluations meet the requirements of Section 504, College Board, ACT, and the UC’s.
- Develops and implements a student referral plan for students not formally identified with learning differences but facing extraordinary circumstances.
- Maintains a student caseload and performs academic support to students and instructional staff.
- Conducts department meetings and submits minutes; Manages the department budget; Manages the Academic Support Center building.
- In cooperation with the Dean of Studies, Director of Counseling and staff maintains referrals for tutoring, educational/ LD testing; Coordinates standardized testing for program participants in cooperation with the Counseling Department.
- Attends and represents ASC at all Counseling Department Meetings, Curriculum Council, Archdiocese and required local district meetings.
- Assists with review of admissions documents, Open House, Back to School Night, parent orientation programs, parent education and other on and off-campus events.
- Completes additional duties as assigned, including evenings related to professional responsibilities.
Qualifications, credentials, experience, knowledge & skills for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in related field, Master's degree, preferred
- Knowledge of 504 and student evaluation process/requirements
- Knowledge of special education law, best practices, research and studies
- Proficient in the interpretation and analysis of educational evaluations
- High school experience, preferred
- Practicing Catholic in good standing, preferred
- Intellectually curious and willing to grow professionally
- Desire to share his/her faith journey
- Student focused and lifelong learner
- Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, students, parents and staff
- Excellent communication skills and eagerness to work as a collaborative team member is essential.
- Maintains best professional practices in communicating with peers, students and parents
Salary and benefits are commensurate with education and previous experience. Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including health and dental insurance, medical and dependent care flex plan, Archdiocesan pension, and 403b.
If this position looks like a great fit for you hit the APPLY NOW button below to submit your Cover Letter and Resume. We look forward to talking to you soon!