St. John Paul II Catholic High School is seeking the next member of its distinguished faculty. Currently, we are seeking a teacher in the Math Department with the ability to teach a few math courses (AP Stats among them), computer science course (hosted online, with full curricular support), and possibly an engineering course. This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate is one who seeks to help students learn and grow in innovation and inquiry, readying for post secondary work in technology and the sciences.
• A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Math or in Engineering/Computer Science
• A valid Texas Teacher's Certificate, or 12 credit hours in education courses
• Technology Proficiency (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, multimedia presentations, and internet use for educational purposes)
** EXPERIENCE WITH HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL INSTRUCTION IS PREFERRED. **
• Be an active Catholic, with a desire and ability to lead young people by example into a deeper communion with our faith, our Blessed Mother, and her Son, Jesus Christ
• Have knowledge of both curriculum and instruction, and the ability to engage and instruct students in the content area
• Have the ability to manage a classroom along with student behavior
• Promptly address student needs through interventions, including modifying instructional approaches
• Have the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and co-workers
• Be a lifelong learner of his/her practice, and have an openness to self-reflect, receive, and implement feedback on improving their teaching skills
Interested candidates should email or call the principal to discuss the position. A completed application is also required at the link below, but an emailed letter of intent and resume to the principal is the first step.