Saint William is the largest Catholic Church in the Austin diocese with over 7,000 registered families, a multi-million dollar budget, 60+ part-time and full-time staff on 30 acres of property. We are a vibrant, growing parish seeking a full-time Stewardship and Development Director who is a strong servant leader with the ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment. The Stewardship and Development Coordinator will use this position to strengthen and uphold the Pastor’s vision and become an effective member of the Saint William staff.
The Director of Stewardship and Development will lead the parish and staff in all aspects of stewardship and development. The Stewardship and Development Director will be a valuable member of the Stewardship Team made up of the Volunteer Coordinator and Communications Coordinator. This role is a director-level position who will serve on the parish leadership team, finance council, and pastoral council. The Stewardship and Development Director will report to the Pastor, supervise the Stewardship Team, and work with the parish to accomplish the financial goals of Saint William.
- Develop and implement a Development Plan for Saint William
- Oversee, manage, and approve the overall fundraising efforts of Saint William ministries (staff-led and volunteer-led)
- Be an effective team member of the Operations Team and Stewardship and Development team
- Directly supervise the Volunteer Coordinator and Communications coordinator
- Work with the Pastor to accomplish fundraising goals
- Create the Advent/End of Year and Lenten appeals
- Maintain donor records
- Coordinate the solicitations of and acknowledgment of donations
- Facilitate/attend meetings with donors, prospective donors, businesses, etc.
- Maintain online donor relationships with Vanco (online giving provider) and Venmo
- Coordinate and execute all fundraising events, including but not limited to the Harvest Moon Gala
- Recruit, work with, and steward volunteers assigned to the Stewardship and Development Office
- Oversee communications between Stewardship and Development office and Saint William as a whole
- Abide by the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of ethics and standards
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Pastor to include special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred…or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of social media tools
- Ability to handle flexible hours
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Able to multi-task in high-stress situations
- Action-oriented work ethic