The Editor of Publications for the Diocese of Shreveport performs many functions. The Editor is responsible for planning, assigning stories, editing, typesetting, laying out content for Church publications and facilitating the distribution of these publications. Our monthly magazine, The Catholic Connection, which you can find online, is a 32 page fully created and edited monthly periodical. Also, the Editor serves as a diocesan reporter and photographer. Responsible to assist in the work of the Development Department and public relations as well as manage websites and social media for the Diocese.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a participating member of the Catholic community.
- Position requires the ability to write and edit documents and articles submitted for publishing which requires the ability to have strong proofreading competency.
- Creativity is a must for the design of diocesan publications and social media postings.
- Able to be an active listener for interviews, working with submitters of materials, and concerns received in the office about publications.
- With many responsibilities organizational skills are key. This includes effective long range planning, prioritizing of tasks, discern relevant information, and critically create and meet deadlines.
- Health insurance inclusive with dental. Also, an alternative HSA qualified health insurance plan
- Supplemental vision insurance and other supplemental policies available
- Employer paid life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending account for pretax medical expenses
- Retirement 403(b) plan. Includes employer contribution based on years of service
- Holidays, holy days, vacation, sick and bereavement days off.
- Annual employee retreat and other events to continue to strengthen the working environment and support of each employee.
Pay Range: 40k - 44k depending on experience.