Gift Processing Coordinator – Nonprofit Organization (Chicago – Downtown Loop)
My Client is a not-for-profit, national public interest law firm dedicated to restoring respect in law for life, family, and religious liberty. They defend and foster support for these causes by providing high quality pro bono legal service from local trial courts all the way up to the United States Supreme Court.
Report to: Development Director
Timing: For Immediate Hire
The Gift Processing Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the organization’s
system for managing the receiving, processing and tracking of monetary gifts as they come in. This position requires strict attention to detail and accuracy. The Gift Processing Coordinator will have a strong working relationship with the Development Department to ensure accurate data and donor stewardship.
Essential functions of the Gift Processing Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage daily gift processing and deposits
- Daily analysis and recording of gift batches in Donor Perfect (Fundraising Database Software)
- Work collaboratively with current Development Associates to maintains Donor Perfect database to ensure all gift information is accurate and up to date
- Ensures updates to the system and is responsible for keeping current with all system updates and training
- Assist staff in running reports to obtain general or specific information to support advancement activities
- Assist Development Department associates with maintaining data integrity batch reports
- Assist in maintaining data and adding new data to the database.
- 2-5 years working in Gift processing is ideal, but working in an accounting or bookkeeping role where attention to detail and maintaining strict processes would also be highly valued.
- 2-5 years’ experience working in a fast paced office environment with the ability to multi-task and interact with other staff members constantly is essential.
- Must be comfortable in an organization with an expanding business cycle and a high volume of transactions
- Communication proficiency, including excellent verbal and written communication Skills are essential
- Technical proficiency, including use of donor tracking software and web-based applications is highly valued
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Credibility and integrity
- Willingness to work overtime from time to time when necessary
- A degree is highly valued, but having the right “can do” attitude and work ethic is most important!
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send the following to Mark@JobsForCatholics.com
Please include “Bookkeeper” in the subject line.
- Cover letter including a personal statement of support for the Pro-Life Movement, Traditional Family Values and Religious Liberty issues as well as how your experience and background will help advance these causes.
- Salary requirement
- 3 or more professional references
This client operates in a Pro Life, Pro Traditional Family and Religious Freedom environment. You must understand going into this endeavor that a thick skin and strong conviction in your beliefs is necessary. If you would like to discuss this opportunity in detail, please contact me directly. I am very confidential in these matters and look forward to the conversation. Best regards, Mark
Ofc: 303-278-2001 Cell: 303-947-9490