The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, located in the heart of downtown Wichita, is the beautiful mother church for the faithful of the Diocese of Wichita and the parish home to 1500 families. We are a vibrant and diverse family of faith, ministering in English and Spanish. We seek to form and nurture intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through living the sacraments, engaging in evangelization and the stewardship way of life, and by striving to grow in divine charity.
The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Wichita is seeking a well-qualified individual as Parish Business Manager to serve the Rector, the office staff, and the parishioners in the administration of the Parish Office. The ideal candidate will:
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing in their registered parish;
- Possess proven supervision skills and experience in supervising staff and managing office operations;
- Possess proven time-management skills to function well in a high-paced office and involving some evening and weekend functions;
- Possess a college degree;
- Possess a high proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite of products;
- Possess a basic understanding of accounting and accounting process;
- Possess a basic understanding of human resources processing;
- Be able to take the initiative and function well with minimal supervision;
- Have experience and proficiency in using Google products and documents;
- Demonstrate maturity and strong verbal and written communication skills.
The primary duties and responsibilities will involve:
- General operations management;
- Bookkeeping support to outside processing company;
- Mass collections counting supervision and reconciliation;
- Human Resources administration;
- Facility and Asset Management;
- Personnel Management;
- Census database processing;
- Vendors and volunteers’ management;
- Calendar scheduling for rooms and events;
- Mass intentions and stipends processing;
- Interaction with the Chancery, other parishes, and Finance Council.
This is a salaried position with benefits and reports to the Rector. The position is available immediately, and compensation is commensurate with relevant education and experience. If interested and qualified, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until August 14th, 5pm.