Position description: Executive Director
Creatio is a growing Catholic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 2007 in Denver, Colorado whose mission is to guide all people to encounter the beauty of creation and the Creator through service to the poor, mission trips, outdoor adventure and care for creation.
The Executive Director will lead execution of Creatio’s strategic plan. S/he has an entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for our mission and will lead Creatio through its next phase of growth. Other key responsibilities include fundraising, marketing, financial management and stakeholder outreach. The position reports to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, including the planning, execution and evaluation of Creatio’s domestic and international experiences.
- Recruit, develop, coach and retain Creatio’s staff and Missionary Guides.
- Build and deepen relationships with new and existing donors; expand donor base and fundraising sources to support Creatio’s growth.
- Develop relationships with existing and new institutions, universities and partners.
- Develop and support a strong Board of Directors; coordinate board meetings; serve as ex-officio of each board committee; engage Board with strategic decision making.
- Work closely with the Board, develop and execute a growth strategy that expands Creatio’s presence in new locations. Recommend timelines and resources needed to facilitate growth.
- Ensure Creatio’s financial health. Develop and manage the annual budget; oversee billing and collections and the out-sourced bookkeeper.
- Ensure effective processes and systems relative to operations, finance and administration, fundraising, communications and marketing.
- Be a compelling spokesperson for Creatio and its mission.
- A bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience in management (non-profit management preferred).
- Thrives in a growing organization and is comfortable wearing multiple hats.
- High level strategic thinker and planner. Ability to set and achieve strategic priorities and communicate Creatio’s vision to the staff, board, donors, domestic and international partners and other stakeholders.
- Fundraising experience with superior donor relations skills.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Desire and passion for leading a team of young adults; adept at recruiting, leading and coaching staff.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including donors, strategic partners, board members, and others within the Catholic community.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Knowledgeable about best practices in digital marketing including website, social media and email campaigns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable with public speaking.
- Open to embrace Creatio’s culture, mission and identity as part of his/her leadership approach.
- Fully initiated Catholic in communion with the Catholic Church who is a model of exemplary life both personally and professionally and whose public behavior is in conformity with Church teaching as expounded in The Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors is a plus.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.