Script Manager – Independent Contractor
Ignatius Press and the Augustine Institute are searching for an independent contractor to serve as a Manager of Scripts for the development of lesson enhancement and teacher preparation videos for the new Word of Life K-8 curriculum series. Word of Life is a joint project between the Augustine Institute and Ignatius Press.
Specific duties below may not be all-inclusive:
- Responsible for directing the scriptwriting for both lesson enhancement videos for students from grades 1 to 8, as well as lesson preparation materials for teachers.
- Responsible for coordinating between the WOL product development team and the Augustine Institute film development team.
- Will either write or hire writers for over fifty 3 to 4-minute video scripts per grade (1 lesson enhancement video, 1 teacher preparation videos per chapter).
- Will oversee the development of initial video concepts and coordinate approval of initial concepts with the product development team.
- Will develop the rough scripts and will work with the product development team to fine-tune to meet pedagogical objectives.
- Will integrate final changes required after USCCB catechetical review for conformity to the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- Previous experience in video production and strong knowledge of the video production process
- Exceptional scriptwriting skills and previous scriptwriting experience required
- Demonstrated experience coaching, editing, and writing scripts that are engaging, creative, theologically accurate, and age-appropriate.
- Previous evangelization and catechesis experience required
- Previous teaching experience a preferred
- Theology degree preferred
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of how to effectively present the teachings of the Catholic faith at a grade school level and how to bring the faith to life to touch hearts and bring about conversion
- Ability to lead others and motivate productivity
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage time, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of evangelization and catechesis
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly within a team environment