Position Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Administrative Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
Description: The St. John Paul II Foundation is a national Catholic apostolate proclaiming the Good News about life and family through education and formation. We accomplish our mission through three hallmark initiatives – Together in Holiness, Converging Roads, and Shepherd’s Heart. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will provide in-house graphic design support across all initiatives and their respective programs as well as coordinate communications and manage marketing projects, as assigned. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will help to ensure the distinct style and brand of the St. John Paul II Foundation is maintained across and within each of our unique initiatives and among various communications platforms. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator should possess a desire to spread the mission of the Foundation in effective, creative, and faithful ways.
- Collaborate with Conference Coordinators, under supervision of Team Leader, to support communications for the Together in Holiness Conference series and the Converging Roads conference series.
- Provide graphic design support for Together in Holiness and Converging Roads:
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
- Ensure projects are completed at highest quality and on schedule
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within initiative brand and design specifications
- Collaborate with Program Coordinator(s), under supervision of Program Director, to coordinate and implement a marketing plan for growing the newly launched Together in Holiness Formation series in dioceses, parishes, schools, and small groups.
- Create and implement tracking system for marketing campaigns and online activities.
- Work with various team members to help grow and improve the Foundation’s social media presence across all initiatives and special events.
- Draft and edit new content for Foundation website, monthly newsletter, and other communication platforms as assigned by Administrative Coordinator
- Work closely with Administrative Coordinator and mission staff to maintain consistency of all communications and materials of the Foundation.
- Provide feedback and guidance on the effectiveness of the communication strategies of the Foundation and areas for improvement, where necessary.
- Participate in staff meetings and other projects connected with the Foundation and perform other duties as assigned by the President.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration) and/or relevant experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing (e.g. MailChimp, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Canva)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Knowledge and creative proficiency for design layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography for print and online materials
- Proficiency in or advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
Strong Candidates will:
- Manifest a passion for the Church’s teaching on the Gospel of the Family and the Gospel of Life.
- Exhibit an ability to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet various deadlines across multiple projects.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in working with Church officials, staff, partners, and benefactors.
- Possess strong analytical skills to implement and execute a successful marketing strategy.
This position is located in the Greater Houston area. The ideal candidate will be in the area or willing to relocate. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Applicants are requested to submit a letter of interest, a portfolio (written and graphic examples), and a resume to amy(at)forlifeandfamily.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.