Pastoral Associate, Charlotte, North Carolina area
We are a growing, dynamic and active parish of 970 families looking for a Pastoral Associate to join our Parish Staff. We have exciting plans for the future and are looking for an individual who is deeply committed to his or her faith and an abiding love for Jesus Christ and the Church, with the energy and skills required to assist with pastoral outreach and oversee parish ministries. This Full Time Pastoral Associate will work closely with the Pastor.
PURPOSE: A Pastoral Associate is a professional lay ecclesial minister who shares with the Pastor and staff the overall care of the parish. The ministry of the Pastoral Associate is comprehensive, relating to all aspects of Parish life with designated responsibilities such as coordination of ministries, administration, pastoral care and social outreach. Specific areas of oversight will include but are not limited to:
- Case Worker for the Annulment Process
- Parish Safe Environment Coordinator
- Preparing and Coordinating Funerals
- Preparing and Coordinating Weddings
- Supervise Homebound Ministry and Nursing Home Ministry
- Facilitate Parish Bereavement Group
- Manage and Facilitate Social Outreach Groups (Soup Kitchen, Prison, etc)
- Coordinate Quarterly Parish-wide Collections (Food, Diapers, etc)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the Pastor and with other members of the Parish staff in the overall pastoral ministry of the Parish.
- Collaborates in the overall process of the Parish administration including needs assessment, pastoral planning, decision-making, implementation, etc.
- Coordinates and supports parish ministries or programs.
- Ensures that all volunteers are aware of and in compliance with the Diocesan Policies.
- Develops strategies for outreach to both new and non-practicing members of the parish community.
- Is a significant presence at primary parish gatherings, such as Sunday liturgies and social functions.
- Is available to parishioners for help with personal concerns and parish projects.
- Willing to assist persons in crisis.
- Participates in the Parish Pastoral Council and staff meetings.
- Relates to collaborative, vicariate, and diocesan structures as appropriate.
- Develops and maintain a budget for designated programs.
- Administrative responsibilities such as all documentation and filing for areas of responsibility.
- Assist in training volunteers and coordinating sacramental programs and faith formation.
- Bachelor's degree in pastoral or theological studies desired. Master's degree in Divinity, or its equivalent preferred, both from an accredited Catholic institution. However, strong experience and success in this area of expertise is also highly valued.
- Must be a strong communicator both in written and oral forms.
- Preference to 5 year in related parish or pastoral ministry, but open to entry level candidates.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with a love of the Catholic faith and a desire to contribute to the mission of the Church.
- Familiarity with the New Evangelization, evangelizing strategies, programs and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Demonstrated good management, leadership, collaborative and group process skills.
- Solidly competent with MS Office.
- Strong service orientation.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and being mentored.
- Needs to be highly organized, able to multi-task, and remain flexible in order to adjust to varying demands, personalities, scheduling and workload.
- Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Full Benefit package in accordance with Diocesan policy.
Does this sound like you?? This parish has vision, resources and a solid plan!! Want to jump on board?? Let’s have a confidential conversation, we can tell you all about the position and parish. Qualified and interested candidates should click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your resume and cover. Thanks and God bless!