Position: Vice President, Advancement
FLSA: Exempt (not eligible for overtime in compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations)
Pay Range: $140,000 to $240,000 base salary with opportunity for bonus based on meeting established goals.
Schedule: This full-time position may work out of the Augustine Institute home office in Greenwood Village, Colorado, or remotely with regular (typically monthly) visits to the Greenwood Village office.
Reporting to: President
The Vice President of Advancement, is responsible for overseeing all philanthropy endeavors for the organization, including the cultivation of long-term relationships with major benefactors, stewardship program, Board of Regents program, Mission Circle program, planned giving program, and appeal program. The Vice President of Advancement will serve on the President’s Executive Team and collaborate with the team to develop strategy for the organization.
This includes (specific duties are listed below but may not be all-inclusive):
● Sharing the mission of the Augustine Institute and the joy of the Catholic Faith with donors in order to encourage their own relationship with Jesus Christ.
● Leading the advancement team on the regional discovery, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts in line with strategy for donor pyramid tier targets and progressive movement upward tier-to-tier.
● Qualifying and maintaining a portfolio of potential benefactors with capacity to give $100,000+ annually, making personal gift solicitations of these prospects.
● Strategy oversight of prospect management system and possible capital campaign.
● Management of philanthropy team including the development and management of team OKR (Objectives and Key Results), KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and incentive program.
● Collaboration with the Office of the President on Appeals, Mission Circle strategy, and President’s donor constituents.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Full-time employees receive numerous benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, and other insurance, a generous paid time off plan and paid holiday schedule, and a 403(b)-retirement plan with company match. On-site café, an on-site fitness center is available at the Greenwood Village office. Daily Mass is typically available at the Greenwood Village Chapel.
Company Information and History
The Augustine Institute is a registered 501(c)(3) Corporation. Our mission is to serve the formation of Catholics for the New Evangelization. Through our graduate school, media, and parish programs, we equip Catholics intellectually, spiritually, and pastorally to renew the Church and transform the world for Christ.
In 2005, as a response to the call of Pope St. John Paul II, Catholic scholars established in Denver a graduate school dedicated to transforming Catholic education for the New Evangelization. Since then, the Augustine Institute has become the fastest growing Catholic graduate school in the United States and has quickly expanded into a multi-faceted institute providing strategic, disciple-based parish programming and leadership formation to dioceses and parishes across America.
In July 2015, the Augustine Institute and its partners launched FORMED, our digital, state-of-the-art, online platform (often referred to as a “Catholic Netflix”), which makes available the best Catholic content from a host of leading Catholic apostolates.
In November 2015, the Augustine Institute entered into a merger with Lighthouse Catholic Media, which included its Parish Consultant independent contractor sales force; the Parish Kiosk Program, CD of the Month Club Program, and other channels; and what is now the Ignatius Press-Augustine Institute Joint Publishing Venture.