The Director of Adult & Child Discipleship is a full-time position and will report to the Senior Director, Faith Formation, Youth, Young Adult and Family Life Ministries, focusing primarily on families, parents, adult formation and those who minister to them. This position will aid our office in its mission to work with the Diocese of Fall River’s parishes, personnel and agencies to evangelize and form engaged disciples for Christ. Our office’s vision is to transform the culture by being a leader in effective evangelization, transformative catechesis, and relational outreach that leads people to Christ and His Church.
● Develop a comprehensive approach on the Diocesan level that supports, provides resources and fosters engagement for parish child and family formation, Baptism preparation, Communion preparation, adult formation, and RCIA
● Create pathways and initiatives that help the Diocese and parishes develop a culture of intentional discipleship for families and adults
● Aid parishes in crafting and launching adult formation initiatives and RCIA teams where there currently is none, while supporting those where they do exist
● Provide direct assistance and ongoing support to Pastors, Directors of Religious Education/Children’s Ministry, RCIA Coordinators and other relevant parish personnel
● Develop resources and training opportunities, including continuing education, workshops, written materials, and electronic resources, for those who work in evangelizing and forming families, parents, adults and/or non-Catholics
● Oversee and evaluate current Diocesan programs, including Adult Confirmation preparation
● Aid the Office in developing strategic planning, annual goals and adhering to its mission and vision, especially in regards to its work for and with families, parents, and adults
● Collaborate with the Office’s other Directors to create a holistic approach to evangelization and catechesis
● Incorporating the needs and perspectives of different ethnic groups and those with disabilities in all programming, as well as aiding parishes at doing the same
● Create benchmarks and metrics that define success and effectiveness in family and adult formation; leverage those to report on status and successes.
● Represent the Diocese in professional organizations supporting child/family catechesis and adult ministry
For more information, visit: www.fallriverdiocese.org/employment-opportunities/