Looking for a mature, caring and motivated individual to provide secretarial support to a conservative Catholic parish. This position is responsible for administrative duties that include basic secretarial support, banking and related financial tasks. This position works in partnership with the clergy to manage operations and provide customer service support to parishioners. The position requires attention to detail and the ability to work with other staff and volunteers in managing church events and everyday parish support. Supportive training in parish bookkeeping will be provided for the right individual with basic office experience.
**This position is also available on a residential with private room/board provided**
Duties include but are not limited to:
- General secretarial work. Must have experience in Microsoft Word and Excel. Quickbooks experience is a plus
- Managing church bank accounts, paying bills, tracking donations.
- Event coordination
- Assisting other staff as needed
- Must be mature, personable, caring and comfortable working with conservative parishioners, priests and staff members
- Must be able to retain confidential/sensitive information and willing to sign an agreement to this effect
- Strong character and moral integrity
- Flexible with the ability to adapt tochanging situations and circumstances
Knowledge and Skills
- 7+ years of general office experience
- Experience working with church operations and events (helpful)
- Detail oriented and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player who is able to work well with people of varying skills and abilities.
- Strong computer skills, facility with Microsoft Office
- Some financial experience preferred including familiarity with Quickbooks (training will be provided)