Job Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Director of College Ministry
Grade/Level: B.A. preferred
Amount of Travel Required: No travel required
Work Schedule: 8:00am – 5:00pm, with flexibility to work nights and weekends
Positions Supervised: Work study students in Ministry Office
The Administrative Assistant provides organizational and administrative support to staff members and student leaders in the Department of College Ministry. Duties include clerical, receptionist, and project based work. In addition, the Administrative Assistant is the initial contact person in the College Ministry Office for all walk-in and telephone inquiries. She/he projects a professional image that complements the mission of Benedictine College through in-person and phone interaction.
· Provide administrative office support including: managing appointments and calendars, setting up meetings, processing incoming mail, maintaining office supplies, contacting vendors, and assisting with photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, word processing, and other clerical requests
· Manage telephone calls and visits from students, parents, faculty, staff, employers and community leaders
· Enter computer data and utilize Colleague database to retrieve student information and Raiser’s Edge for donor information
· Supervise and train work study students and assign jobs and evaluate/inspect their work
· Assist in data entry to process expense reports, receipts, bills, and file documents accordingly
· Assist in the preparation of materials for Benedictine College Ministry mailings, meetings, and campus activities
· Compose agenda and minutes for staff meetings and team meetings
· Assist in the coordination of campus-wide events sponsored by the Department of College Ministry
· Communicate and collaborate with other college offices regarding various student issues
· Respond to staff requests for administrative support as needed
· Collect and communicate information regarding the Department of College Ministry the student body through Benedictine College Ministry FYIs, Facebook, and Twitter.
· Assist in the coordination of Ministry sponsored meetings, retreats, and trainings that often occur during nights and weekends.
· Perform other related duties as required or assigned