This position’s primary responsibility is for the collection, accuracy, and placement of ad copy in Our Sunday Visitor’s Publications. This includes planning in advance, detailed follow-thru with internal and external customers and solving problems on deadline. The secondary responsibility is to serve as a sales team conduit – ensuring an efficient selling environment for the advertising department overall through project management, implementation of manager initiatives, coordinating sales tools and general staff support so the Advertising Account Executives can focus primarily on selling. To accomplish these responsibilities, incumbent works with advertising manager, sales staff, marketing departments, the advertising layout specialist, and customers. In spare time, coordinate with finance department on aspects of billing and invoicing for the department. Incumbent will manage and maintain additional special projects and promotions as assigned.
Essential Job Functions (*=Non-essential tasks):
- Work with design to layout all publications using specifications from editors, marketing, and publisher and ad percentage parameters.
- Manage staff and customers adherence to annual advertising sales calendar and subsequent deadlines
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all internal and external ad copy along with supporting documentation from receipt to placement by ad layout specialist to final printer proof – working directly with customers as needed.
- Maintain electronic ad files
- Maintain efficient department workflow through weekly housekeeping meeting, communication of deadlines, follow-thru on manager priorities, and overall project support for account executives as needed
- Serve as advertising liaison for marketing and design to solve problems and concerns as needed
- Coordinate advertising rate cards, press kits and all promotion efforts with marketing department
- Update server with digital selling tools
- Maintain AdSystem reports and analysis
- Maintain department collateral pieces such as mailings, media kits, promotion materials, etc.
- Coordinate invoices and statements for publications on a weekly, monthly, and bimonthly basis, including handling customer concerns or questions
- Any special reports or projects that will occasionally need to be prepared
- Multiple small tasks supporting the advertising department as assigned by advertising manager
- Proficient in Excel, Basic Desktop Publishing, Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience with pre-press files would be beneficial
- Knowledge or work experience in a copy, print, or publishing environment helpful
- Two (2) years office or customer service experience
- Highschool diploma or Equivalent required. Associate degree preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently and as part of team
- Self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, especially deadlines
- Problem solver for the sales staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good organizational skills and some sales ability
- Proficient in PC software
- Flexibility, patience, consistency, systematic, accuracy and diplomatic are helpful
- Incumbent will spend approximately 80% of their time working on the computer and office equipment
- Incumbent will be working in an office environment