Hours: Full Time (40-43 Hours Per Week)
Education: Undergraduate Degree
Experience: 1-3 Years
About the St. Patrick Youth Ministry Program
The St. Patrick Youth Ministry exists to help our students make Jesus first in their lives through awakening the deepest desires of theirs hearts. And while youth ministry has been part of the history of the St. Patrick Parish community for many years, the priests, staff, and parish as a whole, under the leadership of a new Pastor, has recently recommitted themselves to the formation and investment in the youth. A new chapter is beginning in the life of the St. Patrick Youth Ministry Program and we are excited to help bring new energy and perspective to what it looks like to walk alongside our young people and their families in their faith journey.
If you would like to be a part of helping build a vibrant and lasting youth ministry program, disciplining the middle school students, and assisting with High School Ministry, please submit your resume today.
Term of Employment
Full-time salary position with benefits.
MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY (50%)
Key areas of responsibility
- Create environments for Middle School Students.
- Partner with parents and families to lead in the formation and growth of their students,
- Recruit, train, and lead adult volunteers to love and lead students.
- Manage budget and student facilities in a professional manner.
- Create avenues for students to hear the gospel, develop healthy relationships, grow in obedience, and live on mission.
- Ensure that students are a vital ministry in the life of our church.
- Develop relationships in the community with schools and organizations in order to build bridges into student culture.
- Plan, develop, and implement programming for students seeking the Sacrament of Confirmation. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, retreats, adult leader training/formation, content/formation nights, parent meetings, and the Sacrament of Confirmation Masses).
HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY (30%)
- Work alongside the Director of Youth Ministry and assist in forming High School Students during youth nights and retreats.
CHURCH AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH (20%)
- Connect with the St Patrick Grade School and visit students at the lunchroom, during class, and/or at recess.
- Network with community organizations to provide a bridge between the church and the community-at-large.
- Connecting events during the year for the church body to grow in unity and purpose.
- A growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Ability to be an effective communicator of the truth of the Gospel Message when it comes to middle school students.
- A self-motivated leader that wants to help build a ministry from the ground up.
- Ability to work with a team and the humility to accept assistance and coaching when needed.
- Ability to lead at a high capacity in order to grow with the church.
- Has prior experience in leading and organizing students in a ministry setting.
- Has a minimum of a college bachelor’s degree and values education.
To apply please send your resume along with two references (one personal and one professional) to Lauren Wright (Director of Youth Ministry) at email@example.com