Position: Facilities Support Technician
FLSA: Non-exempt (eligible for overtime in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations)
Pay range: $17.00-$23.00/hour
Schedule: This part-time position (20 hours weekly) will work out of the Augustine Institute home office in Greenwood Village, Colorado as well as local Augustine Institute properties (Denver area).
Reporting to: Building Superintendent
Provides facility maintenance and support as assigned for Augustine Institute properties. Duties include hands-on work in carpentry, painting, landscaping, and general office maintenance.
*Specific duties are listed below but may not be all-inclusive.
- Completes basic repairs, paints structures, drywall, and plaster, performs facilities maintenance work and assesses repair requests to maintain Augustine Institute properties.
- Accurately maintains detailed records for all facilities including repair records, preventative maintenance schedules, and cost of repair.
- Assists with maintaining an inventory of commonly used repair parts in a clean and orderly parts room.
- Assists with developing specifications for new office equipment and orders replacement parts and equipment as needed (copiers, etc.).
- Is available as scheduled for on-call emergency maintenance and repairs.
- Safely operates snowplow equipment.
- Performs other related maintenance and repair tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Minimum of 2 years of building maintenance/facilities experience
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license
- Possess and maintain an acceptable driving record
- Able to achieve and maintain CPR certification
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of building/property maintenance
- Skill in communicating and interacting with a broad range of people to effectively accomplish assigned tasks or projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public, and outside contractors
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and to issue clear concise verbal and/or written instructions to direct reports and other employees
- Ability to establish, follow, maintain appropriate schedules that ensure proper care and maintenance of company equipment and building facilities
- Ability to safely use and maintain a variety of hand and shop tools and shop equipment
- Ability to use and operate a computerized records management system and office automation equipment to maintain records, parts, and inventory
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the Augustine Institute’s core values including:
- Humility – We serve the Augustine Institute Mission with humility and a service mindset.
- Collaboration – We work together as a united Body of Christ.
- Innovation – We encourage being creative and demonstrating a clever mindset.
- Excellence – We strive in everything we do to win souls for Christ.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
The essential duties of this job require heavy lifting. Heavy lifting is exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual and fine/gross motor skills enabling the safe operation of a variety of hand and shop tools, office equipment, and snowplows in normal as well as hazardous weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to work in a wide variety of environments from climate-controlled office to outdoor environments which may include adverse weather