Position: Program Coordinator – Business Development and Support
Reports To: Program Director – Together in Holiness Formation series
Position Type: Full-Time
The St. John Paul II Foundation is a national Catholic apostolate proclaiming the Good News about life and family through education and formation. We accomplish our mission through three hallmark initiatives – Together in Holiness, Converging Roads, and Shepherd’s Heart. We have recently launched the next phase of our Together in Holiness initiative, a dynamic and innovative Formation series for couples in parishes, schools, and small communities that complements our marriage Conference series. The Formation series will deepen formation of couples through the cultivation of authentic communities of friendship facilitated by Host Couples who are formed and supported by the Foundation. The Program Coordinator will have two main areas of responsibility: To cultivate and secure relationships with dioceses, parishes, schools, and married couples; and to provide exceptional onboarding and ongoing support to all partners at every stage.
- Collaborate with Program Director in identifying, cultivating, and securing partnerships with stakeholders at all levels: dioceses, parishes, schools, and Host Couples.
- Establish and develop relationships with business partners, and explore and propose collaboration with prospective stakeholders, prioritizing expansion into new markets and growth in current markets.
- Manage entire cycle of business development while communicating activity and results relative to strategic and departmental goals.
- Manage existing pipeline, generate new leads, and identify and contact decision makers (clergy, pastoral leaders, and couples) to close business opportunities and establish partnerships.
- In partnership with Program Director and other staff, implement strategies for leveraging the Together in Holiness Conference series as a platform for promoting the Formation series and vice versa.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, create and execute a clear and effective plan for ongoing support of and engagement with facilitator Host Couples.
- Provide ongoing support to partners and Host Couples, ensuring satisfaction and retention through regular contact and engagement.
- Stay attuned to trends and pastoral priorities of the Catholic Church at the universal, regional, and local levels, and respond creatively and proactively to these trends and priorities.
- Participate in staff meetings and other projects connected with the Foundation and perform other duties as assigned by the President.
Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Leadership, Communications, Business Administration, Marketing, or Theology) and/or relevant experience. The successful candidate will exhibit strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, will be goal-oriented, and possess a strong working knowledge of and experience with the real needs of Catholic married couples and families. Knowledge of and familiarity with Catholic teaching on marriage and family is strongly preferred.
Strong Candidates will:
- Manifest a passion for the Church’s teaching on marriage and family and for supporting young married couples in their vocation to holiness as spouses and parents
- Practice excellent communication in both the spoken and written word
- Evidence an ability to work independently, take initiative, and close partners/stakeholders
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism in working with Church officials, staff, partners, Host Couples, and benefactors
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit that initiates and executes sales and support strategy
- Possess the ability to encourage, affirm, and support a diverse group of people
- Exhibit a strong capacity for creative and confident problem solving
- Show flexibility and confidence working in new and diverse situations
- Have experience in sales/business development
- Have experience with database management
This position is located in the Greater Houston area. The ideal candidate will be in the area or willing to relocate. Some travel will be required. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Applicants are requested to submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.