Spiritus Sanctus Academy, Plymouth, MI, is accepting applications for an enthusiastic and committed early elementary teacher (1st grade) for the 2021-2022 school year. Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- A practicing Catholic, passionate about creating and nurturing a Catholic culture in the classroom and throughout the school.
- Current State of Michigan Teaching Certificate in Elementary Education (K-5 all subjects / 6-8 self-contained) or certification from a state with a reciprocal agreement with Michigan Required; Early Childhood or Language Arts endorsement (6-8) preferred. Candidates with training in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd as well as Orton-Gillingham or other training in systematic multisensory phonics instruction preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work as a team.
- Previous experience teaching in a Catholic school is preferred.
- Participation in the VIRTUS program, or proof of such participation, will be required.
Qualified candidates should send or fax cover letter and resume to:
Sr. Maria Faustina, OP
Spiritus Sanctus Academy
10450 Joy Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
Fax 734-414-8495 or
email electronic copy to: