St. Anne, located in southwest Wichita, serves 1,200 families, about half of whom speak primarily English and half Spanish. We operate as one parish, serving various needs, not separate parishes separated by language and culture. We focus our efforts on helping people encounter Jesus personally and grow as missionary disciples. We teach and value stewardship as a way of life. We operate a Catholic school, but this position does not have school responsibilities.
We are seeking a dynamic, faithful, bilingual person to elevate our liturgical celebrations. The particular tasks for which they are responsible may change according to their gifts and the changing needs of the parish. When hiring, we try to find the right person, then adjust the tasks to make that person most effective. Our staff is prayerful, hardworking, and caring. We seek to be a family of missionary disciples.
- Oversee choirs for both English and Spanish choirs.
- Collaborate with the pastor and with other members of the parish staff, integrating his or her own area of responsibility with the overall parish mission.
- Prepare and manage the music budget in collaboration with the pastor and business manager.
- Provide for music and musicians for all Sunday and other major celebrations, including weddings, funerals, quinces.
- Build and oversee English and Spanish praise teams for retreats and faith-formation events.
- Consult on music with parishioners preparing for sacramental liturgies, e.g., Weddings, Funerals, Quinces, etc.
- Train, direct, supervise and expand choirs, volunteer cantors, and other liturgical ministries in accord with parish evangelization efforts.
- Serve as a resource regarding music, helping to educate staff, ministers of music, and congregation in developing their potentials to understand the role of music in worship and to celebrate liturgies of musical quality.
- Collaborate as needed with other staff members on the preparation of prayer services and devotions.
- Work to foster unity among all parish musicians, and to create a sprit of harmony with the presider and other liturgical ministers.
- Practicing Catholic who respects and upholds Catholic Church teaching and understands that music is first and foremost a prayer.
- Knowledge of Church documents that govern and direct liturgy and sacred music, or the willingness to study and learn.
- Ability to understand and evaluate both English and Spanish music, and to communicate effectively with both English and Spanish speaking musicians. Fluency is not required.
- Skill as an effective choral conductor as demonstrated by formal credentials and/or a choral audition (rehearsal).
- Ability and desire to lead and sustain a program of quality congregational singing.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and volunteers
- Able to honor and maintain confidentiality
- Strong computer skills
Send cover letter and resume to: Fr. David Marstall, email@example.com, 2801 S Seneca St., Wichita, KS 67217, 316-522-2383.