Children’s Ministry Coordinator (Part-Time)
WHO WE ARE:
New Roads Catholic Community in Belmont, MA is a growing and dynamic Roman Catholic community of faith working together to reinvigorate our Church and faith community. We are on a mission to reach out to those who have become disconnected from God and faith, while challenging and encouraging our members to grow as intentional disciples.
We are seeking to hire a Children’s Ministry Coordinator to join our talented, enthusiastic, and creative team.
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is responsible for utilizing, adapting, and maintaining vibrant programming to support children within the church by developing engaged leaders who help children discover their relationship with Jesus and grow as disciples. The coordinator, utilizing a collaborative style, will rely on teams of volunteers to carry out a vision and programs that provide a firm foundation for the growth of children and families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with New Roads staff and volunteers to develop and oversee a clearly defined vision and strategy for discipleship within the Children’s Ministry that works in conjunction with the overall vision, mission, and ministry of New Roads Catholic Community.
- Build and advance the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team, which consists of committed and gifted volunteers.
- Lead, recruit, train, and develop volunteers for the Children’s Ministry.
- Oversee and grow our two existing children’s worship programs on Sundays: Kids’ Church for grades K-5 (elementary) and Tiny Disciples for ages 2-5 (pre-school).
- Design and implement a marketing strategy highlighting children’s worship programs with an emphasis on growing New Roads children’s worship at all New Roads worship experiences.
- Create a safe, positive, nurturing, and age-appropriate learning environment for every child. Assess and plan for safety in light of COVID guidelines and restrictions.
- Be present for children’s worship every Sunday to support volunteers, assess needs, and build relationships with volunteers and families.
- Participate as an active member of the New Roads team; attend team meetings and contribute to team projects; perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree, or a two-year college degree from an accredited college or university
- At least one year experience working with children and families
- Ability to build teams and motivate people
- Professionalism when dealing with volunteer ministers and parents
- Familiarity with business administration/management a plus
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Comfortable with technology (Google Apps, Kids check-in systems, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to growth in your own relationship with Jesus Christ
- Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church
- Does not have be from a Catholic faith background
- Reports To: Creative Director
- Schedule: Sundays from 8:00am to 12:00pm; weekly team meetings/gatherings on scheduled days, otherwise flexible; must be present Holy Week, Easter, and Christmas Eve. Some weeknights and Saturdays on occasion.
- This is a part-time, hourly position of approximately 12-15 hours per week.
- To apply, please email Alison: email@example.com
For more details, visit: http://www.newroadscatholic.org/jobs