DEPARTMENT: Program Scheduling & Traffic
LOCATION: Irondale, AL
The Traffic Assistant operates computer proficiently to create a log for use by On Air Operations. Coordinates various sources of information in a professional manner, with attention to detail to create and maintain the programming log.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule program episodes, events, and interstitials.
- Ensure database has all pertinent information for scheduling and Viewer Response, if applicable, and maintain database.
- Coordinates scheduling information with Web Services.
- Address and solve problems, which result from miscommunication, error damage, or loss.
- Coordinate closely with Programming Department to ensure the completion of any last minute changes, as well as assuring those changes are properly handled.
- Print reports and handle inquiries about specific episodes or programs.
- Work a flexible schedule as necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
WHAT SKILLS/TALENTS WILL THE IDEAL CANDIDATE POSSESS?
- Strong computer software experience including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Efficient in time management; ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Technical knowledge and competencY
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in broadcast/cable TV production/programming.
- Practicing Catholic with demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Faith, liturgical year and EWTN’s mission.
- Associate/Bachelor degree in Communications, Broadcasting or equivalent training and experience.
WHAT DOES EWTN OFFER?
• Career with Purpose
• Family-oriented working environment
• Competitive salary
• Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Retirement)
• 11 Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
• On-line continuing education and degree programs through Catholic Distance University.
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.