Development Coordinator - Fundraising Programs
Position Summary (full time 40 hr/wk)
Primary fundraising responsibilities are for the Pinecrest Annual Fund and the GOAL scholarship program. Responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring, and achieving Annual Fund program goals. Will create communications, appeals, and run phonathons, train volunteers and implement all donor stewardship and recognition programs. Responsible for the time sensitive Georgia GOAL program, and other fundraising duties as needed, including help with Capital Campaign. Also, will be responsible for writing and sending acknowledgement letters to donors, using our fundraising software to run reports, reconcile gifts monthly with the business office, oversee budget expenditures, update fundraising dashboard, and complete financial reports.
- The Development Coordinator for fundraising programs is responsible for all fundraising programs implemented throughout the course of a fiscal year.
- The Development Coordinator is responsible for achieving the fundraising goal for the Pinecrest Annual Fund, the GOAL scholarship program, stewardship programs, acknowledgement of donors and managing the expense budget for the department.
- Has responsibility for ensuring a successful Annual Fund appeal, putting a plan in place and learning all necessary office systems for recognition, stewardship, and communications using best practices and current trends.
- Staffs the Development Committee of the Board of Directors, representing their interests and implementing any ideas, events or programs that come from this committee.
- The Development Coordinator analyzes, segments, and maintains records for all appeals for determining best use of resources and most effective solicitation strategies.
- The Development Coordinator has no direct reports but works closely with all members of the Development Office team, manages volunteers, and works well independently.
The Development Officer should meet the following qualifications:
- Fundraising experience in education or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing annual appeals.
- Creativity, attention to detail and collaboration are essential skills.
- Can work effectively independently and within a team.
The specific responsibilities of the Development Officer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meeting fundraising goals for the Pinecrest Annual Fund using all means available.
- Meeting fundraising goals for the GOAL scholarship program.
- Ensuring proper recognition and stewardship of donors.
- Reconciliation of gifts, acknowledgement of gifts, managing the department budget.
Guidebooks, policies, and procedures are available in the School Manual to support the Development Fundraising Coordinator in the execution and achievement of this position’s specific responsibilities.