The Coordinator of Missions and Service will institute foreign and domestic mission trips and service programs that train student to be disciples in the modern world and advance the mission of the Church in the world through the study and implementation of the documents of the Second Vatican Council and the call for a New Evangelization. Train students to effectively develop and lead and participate in projects that advance Gospel values.
1. Direct the Mission Trip program
- Lead the Mission Coordinators and Mission Trip Leaders to successfully recruit and train their peers to fundraise for and go on both domestic and international Mission Trips throughout the year.
- Expand the year-round Mission program hosting Mission Trips during Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer breaks.
- Increase the number of students who engage in domestic and international missions—both as undergraduates and graduates through creative outreach to student groups, organizations, and teams.
- Design and deliver a catechetical curriculum for Mission Trip leaders and participants
- Design and deliver Mission Trip Leader Training to all Mission Trip leaders that reflects Gospel values, the values of Benedictine College, and Mission best practices.
2. Lead Fundraising Seminar Program
- Conduct 10+ Personal Support Raising Seminars each year to train Mission Trip leaders and participants how to raise funds for their Mission Trip in accordance with Benedictine College’s standards and values.
- Responsible for coordinating student fundraising efforts to raise more than $350,000 for mission trips and College Ministry projects.
- Increase funding for Mission Trip program through grants and training student fundraisers
- Oversee all fundraising efforts to ensure that trips are on budget and students are fundraising appropriately and effectively.
3. Direct the Service Team
- Establish and direct opportunities for students to engage in service locally and regionally.
- Connect service opportunities with Catholic Social Teaching principles.
- Implement a systems infrastructure to keep centralized records of service opportunities and involvement within the Ministry department.
- Provide key service metrics and language to increase Catholic identity at the college.
- Create a pipeline between Mission Participants and Service Team Volunteers to help students live Mission on campus.
- Reach out to student groups, organizations, and sports teams to provide service opportunities to groups across campus.
4. Develop a Clearing House for missionary and service opportunities
- Establish and clarify relationships with major missionary organizations
- Host a Missions Fair that brings missionary organizations on campus to recruit Benedictine College students
- Utilize a systems infrastructure to provide ease-of–access to missionary organizations for Benedictine College students
5. Other duties as assigned by the Director of College Ministry