Position Title: Conference Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Conference Events
Position Type: Full-time
The St. John Paul II Foundation is a national Catholic apostolate proclaiming the Good News about life and family through education and formation. We accomplish our mission through three hallmark initiatives – Together in Holiness, Converging Roads, and Shepherd’s Heart. Together in Holiness is a marriage conference series for dioceses that inspires spouses to grow together in holiness and empowers parents to form their children in the Catholic faith. Converging Roads is a regional conference series offering continuing education for health care professionals that equips them to practice the highest ethical and medical standards of their profession. The Conference Coordinator will be responsible for planning and executing conferences for these two initiatives in multiple dioceses across the nation.
- Plan, market, direct, and evaluate multiple Together in Holiness and Converging Roads conferences in dioceses across the nation
- Collaborate with diocesan directors and representatives from sponsoring organizations to coordinate all non-curriculum elements of conferences
- Under the direction of the President and Vice President of Curriculum, manage communication, contracts, and paperwork for all conference faculty
- Schedule, direct, and coordinate with volunteer conference committees in dioceses where conferences are offered
- Coordinate all conference logistics including travel, food and beverage, AV, hotel, venue, diocesan speaker approvals, CME applications, and all other conference details
- Develop and implement marketing and promotional efforts including collecting and providing content for outside marketing firm, crafting some digital content, and coordinating distribution with sponsors and conference committees
- Maintain conference budgets
- Seek conference supporting sponsors and underwriters in conjunction with conference representatives, diocesan directors, conference committees, and Foundation staff
- Participate in staff meetings and other projects or events connected with the Foundation and perform other duties as assigned by the President
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration) and/or relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Experience with conference or event planning, or managing programs, personnel, and volunteers
- Strong organizational and project management skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong Candidates will:
- Manifest a passion for the Church’s teaching on the Gospel of the Family and the Gospel of Life.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage several high-level projects simultaneously and with great attention to detail
- Exhibit an ability to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet various deadlines across multiple projects.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in working with Church officials, staff, partners, and benefactors.
- Possess strong analytical skills to implement and execute a successful marketing strategy.
This position is located in the Greater Houston area. Travel will be required for assigned conferences. The ideal candidate will be in the area or willing to relocate. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Applicants are requested to submit a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.