St. Andrew the Apostle
1611 Feagin Drive,
Lufkin, TX 75904
Title: Director of Parish Youth Ministry
St. Andrew the Apostle is a medium sized parish in East Texas. We are about 2 hours north of Houston and 1hr. 45 minutes from Tyler. Lufkin is a small city with 2 Catholic parishes. The culture is primarily Southern Baptist.
The Parish community needs
The parish Youth Minister at St. Andrew's is a ministerial position. The Youth Minister will cooperate with the Pastor in his ministry. The Youth Minister's opinions and skills will be taken very seriously by the Pastor in the development of parish policy and activity. The Youth Minister should be a person with vision and enthusiasm, excited to work for the people of God in the parish of St. Andrew the Apostle.
The Youth Minister must be a person who loves the Lord Jesus Christ with all his/her heart, and whose life is guided by that love.
The Youth Minister must respect the Magisterium of the Church.
The parish needs a happy person who is capable, humble and affable.
The Youth Minister must participate in the liturgical life of the parish and, where necessary, help the Pastor in this essential element of Catholic life.
Duties of the Job
- Personal Example of Catholic life. Be a model disciple of Jesus Christ. In the Youth Minister's personal and ministerial life, to display virtue and concern for the common good.
- Cooperation with the Pastor in his pastoral care of the community. With the Pastor and his staff, to coordinate, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive youth ministry program for grades seven through twelve.
- Team Development: Recruit, train, motivate and evaluate all peer and adult volunteers; works in collaboration the with Diocese to provide leadership training for all volunteers moving them toward diocesan certification; supervise and evaluate all volunteers yearly; offer sexual misconduct training, maintain records on each.
- Help with Faith Formation. Assist Faith Formation in devising programs and in the training of catechists. To coordinate and participate in Sacramental preparation for Confirmation.
- Supervise and train retreat teams to provide retreats for volunteers, teens and their families; facilitate and evaluate the retreats. Willing to work with Cursillistos and with ACTS retreat movements in their retreats.
- Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults. Become familiar with diocesan safe environment requirements and is responsible for training of adults and children within youth ministry.
- Ongoing formation. Engage in ongoing professional formation.
- Form and train teens to serve Mass and other liturgical roles.
- Above all, a willingness to preserve the peace and unity of the Body of Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in Religious Education or Theology preferred.
- National Credential in Youth Ministry. Preferred.
- Experience as seminarian or of Religious life an advantage, but not essential.
- Proficiency in use of variety of office equipment.
- Exhibit organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Musical proficiency an advantage, but not essential.
- 2 years experience in Youth Ministry or in some other related occupation preferred but not essential.
Pay and Conditions.
Salary in line with national standards
Housing available for suitable candidate.
Expenses for gas and other materials on submission of paperwork.
Good working environment.