The Assistant Director of Faith Formation for Catechesis works with the Office of Faith Formation team to facilitate and promote the various catechetical, evangelical, and formational efforts throughout the Diocese of Nashville. The Assistant Director for Catechesis closely collaborates with pastors, parish leaders, and the Office of Catholic Schools to assist with their religious education and sacramental preparation programs as well as coordinates adult faith formation opportunities at both the diocesan and parish level. By providing guidance, mentorship, and accompaniment to all levels of parish ministry and lay sacramental life, the Assistant Director for Catechesis exemplifies and furthers the mission of the Diocese of Nashville: Living and Proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ, Welcoming All.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Accompanies and advises Directors of Religious Education, RCIA leaders, and catechists on issues related to religious education, catechesis, and sacramental preparation.
- Updating the core standards for religious education curricula.
- Developing a handbook of guidelines and tools for Directors of Religious Education.
- Creating a guidelines source for the Sacraments of Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation.
- Maintaining an awareness of the best catechetical, evangelical, and formational programs available for parishes.
- Developing and/or researching catechetical materials for Christian Initiation and serving as diocesan liaison for parish RCIA programs.
- Overseeing the implementation of the Circle of Grace safe environment curriculum.
- Delivering catechetical talks and series to parishes.
- Finding speakers or facilitating conferences for parishes.
- Supports and mentors Directors of Religious Education, RCIA leaders, and other formation staff in parishes.
- Monthly meetings for parish directors of religious education.
- Bi-monthly meetings for RCIA parish leaders.
- One annual retreat for parish catechetical leaders.
- Provides classes and opportunities for catechists and formational leaders at the parish level.
- Coordinates, promotes, and leads the catechetical formation initiatives of Franciscan at Home.
- Plans and executes the annual diocesan catechetical conference.
- Organizes the annual Rite of Election.
- Assists with the larger initiatives of the Office of Faith Formation.
- Diocesan engaged couple retreats and other marriage enrichment opportunities.
- Annual SEALED and Holy Fire confirmation retreats.
- Coordinates Totus Tuus summer programs with diocesan parish leaders, supervises the program’s coordinator, and assists in summer training for its
- Works with the Office of Catholic Schools to facilitate their faith-based initiatives.
- Maintains an awareness of all relevant documents from the Holy See and USCCB.
- Creates and reviews participatory surveys for all catechetical events.
- Prepares yearly budget plans and manages monthly budget required for the Catechesis branch of the Office of Faith Formation.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Director of the Office of Faith Formation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Theology or related field.
- Master’s degree in Theology, Education, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of active participation in parish ministry.
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
- Active parish and diocesan involvement.
- Considerable knowledge of Church doctrine and practice.
- Articulate written and public speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Familiarity with applicable Church documents and rites, such as Catechesi Tradendae, Directory for Catechesis, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, etc.
If you meet the above qualifications and you are interested in this position, please click the APPLY NOW button below. Thank you!