The maintenance technician is responsible for all maintenance activities for the parish, school and grounds. This position reports to the director of maintenance and works closely with the pastor, head of school, janitorial staff and other parish and school staff. The maintenance technician has a “can do” attitude and is generous, personable and candid.
- Supervises all maintenance operations, including work performed by in-house staff and outside contractors ensuring that high standards of workmanship, cleanliness, and safety are maintained.
- Performs and/or supervises work related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, safety and security systems, grounds maintenance, sprinkler systems, and snow removal. In consultation with the director of operations, determines work to performed in house and work to be contracted.
- Assists the director of maintenance in coordinating outsourced services (snow removal, landscape, etc.);
- Ensures that maintenance work-order requests are prioritized and addressed.
- Assists with event set up/take down.
- Occasional assistance with janitorial activities.
- Responsible for compliance with Federal, State and Archdiocese maintenance and safety regulations, including maintaining the schools’ asbestos management plans.
- Fosters a spirit of excellence and teamwork within the maintenance department.
Education and experience requirements
- 5+ years’ maintenance experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and project-management abilities.
- Team player who can build relationships and collaborate effectively with fellow staff members, contractors and volunteers.
- Excellent working knowledge of all aspects of building systems, able to perform minor electrical, plumbing, machinery and other mechanical equipment repair.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and city regulations impacting facility operations.
- Able to meet physical demands of the position, including carrying 50 pounds, standing for long periods of time, climbing ladders, and operating power tools and other equipment.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Experience working in a PreK – 8 school a plus.
- Positive attitude toward the Catholic Church, her teachings, and her work. Refrains from public promotion or approval of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrines or morals.