The Senior Artist Events Specialist develops and manages outbound campaigns and event strategies and generates new leads for OCP artists, composers and clinicians with the goal of promoting the artists as well as OCP copyrights, products and resources associated with those artists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create strategies to generate new events and increase copyright exposure.
- Book artist events, including:
a. respond in a timely manner to incoming calls
b. work with parishes and organizations to make recommendations for artist, composer and clinician placement
c. provide support to event hosts equipping them for success throughout all the planning stages of their event
d. act as liaison between artist and event host
e. negotiate stipends and expenses and facilitate agreements with event hosts
f. oversee assigned artist, composer and clinician schedules
g. share on-call responsibilities with team to ensure non-office hour emergencies handled appropriately
- Develop and oversee outbound campaigns for OCP artists, coordinating with Artist Brand Manager, and Customer Success on outreach and publicity efforts
- Manage incoming requests for assigned artists and provide timely responses to artists and event hosts.
- Work with artists to develop events and content which align with the teachings of the Catholic Church, OCP’s strategic objectives, and parish/diocesan needs
- Develop/manage relationships with OCP artists, composers and clinicians
- Develop & maintain external partnerships with Diocesan offices, key Catholic organizations and relevant partners
- Help prepare executive briefings on work accomplished by Artist Events group.
- Coordinate OCP product sales at select artist events
a. Participate in conventions and large event planning (where artists are present) as assigned
b. Assist with Formational Events (where artists are present) as assigned
- Advance OCP’s mission and core values of empathy, humility and passion.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documentation: Ensure documentation of all key processes and budget related to artist, composer and clinician events.
- Work on special projects as assigned by Music Outreach Manager.
- Attend meetings representing Music Outreach team as assigned.
- Collaborates with other departments and personnel as necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Church, its liturgy and theology.
- Experience working with parishes, Diocesan offices and Catholic organizations.
- Knowledge of OCP products and resources and/or other faith-based products and resources.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two-years’ experience with event booking and/or event management.
- Ability to negotiate terms of agreements.
- Ability to make independent decisions in absence of clear direction.
- Discipline to follow up with others on outstanding responses/deliverables.
- Two years customer service experience.
- Intermediate level with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) fluency a plus.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate well and collaborate in team environment.
- Ability to lift and move 25 lbs.
OCP offers opportunities for professionals in a variety of fields. With a work environment designed to celebrate the unique contributions of each individual, OCP also supports its employees with great benefits and opportunities for growth—all in a casual, values-driven environment. We think it’s a great place to be a part of, and we think you will, too. If you align with our mission and have the experience just described, we would love to talk with you.
OCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any category protected by law. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization.
TO APPLY: Visit www.ocp.org/en-us/careers, click on View Current Openings, click on the position title and submit your application along with the requested application materials.