Do you aspire to create videos that reach millions and inspire them to make their lives, our Church, our country, and our world a place of human flourishing and the common good? Are you passionate about telling powerful stories that capture an audience and leave them wanting more? Are you a collaborative team player with excellent aesthetic judgment who seeks to work with other mission-driven individuals? If so, this may be the perfect job for you!
We’re looking for a Motion Graphics Designer and Animator to join our team and help us develop world-class short videos that inspire viewers to explore Catholic Social Teachings, live the Catholic faith fully in public and encourage others to do the same.
WHO WE ARE
CatholicVote.org is a lay movement of committed Catholics who are passionate about living out the truths proclaimed by Christ and His Church in the modern world. We are joined by many individuals of other faith traditions because the common good we seek is universal to all men and women of good will.
Our mission is to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of the faith in public life. Our vision is to be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create and deliver motion graphics and animations for EDIFY’s videos.
- Recommend and select appropriate graphics and animation styles for each project.
- Manipulate processed video footage to add motion graphics.
- Develop animation storyboards to complement powerful scripts.
- Work with editors, producers and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop continuous process improvements.
- Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques.
- Ensure compliance with organizational brand-style guidelines and design standards.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING
In addition to being driven to develop your animation skills, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Passion for furthering the mission and vision of Catholic Vote.
- Great communication abilities to receive, interpret and implement feedback and to provide concrete status updates.
- Ability to mediate creative problems and challenges to arrive at the best solution.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail, reviewing your work carefully and ensuring high quality work.
- High initiative, being a self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- A deep desire to learn and to communicate Catholic Social Teaching.
- Strong technical skills and proven ability to use a variety of software including but not limited to: Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or Premiere Pro.
- At least 3 years graphic design experience including video post production, motion graphic design and motion graphic animation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Concentration in Graphic Design or Motion Graphics preferred.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing high-end digital design and animation skills.
- Ideally, candidates will live and work in either our Chicago, IL or Carmel, IN office. Candidates who seek to work remotely are still invited to apply.