Job Title: Venue Booking Agent
Location: Chicago, IL
Requirements: Ability to work evening and weekend hours occasionally
The Athenaeum was built in 1911 on the St. Alphonsus campus and is home to Chicago’s oldest continuously-operating off-Loop theater. Our mission is to invite people into encounters with beauty and to revitalize the great Catholic tradition of the arts from our location in one of Chicago’s most unique religious, artistic, and civic buildings. At the Athenaeum Center for Thought and Culture, we believe that beauty has the capacity to build up culture, transform society, and change lives. We hope to help you contemplate, encounter, and delight in beauty.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organized Venue Booking Agent to handle the sales and booking of all Athenaeum Center spaces, including our Historic Main Stage Theatre, Black Box Studio, Event, Rehearsal, and Office Spaces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities for all event activity
- Conduct site visits and tours for prospective customers
- Responding to all venue rental inquiries that are received through various channels of communication (website, phone, email, etc)
- Perform regular consultative sales calls with prospective customers
- Working closely with Operations, Facilities, and Marketing team to ensure that our venue and locations on our property are suited for specific events/activities as part of the sales process
- Prepare and send all venue license proposals and contracts
- Assure that all customer bookings and contract needs are responded to and met on a consistent and timely basis.
- Manage all related sales administrative tasks such as insurance, booking schedules, and contracting
- Maintain organization in sales process and provide regular updates in CRM system
- Hold regular sales meetings and provide booking and activity reports to House Management and Executive Team
- Work with House Manager to ensure customers are transitioned seamlessly from the sales and booking process to the event management process.
- Book all catering services needed and transition House Manager to supervise their requirements and logistics.
- Work with the Production Manager and coordinate calls to ensure technical and crew requirements are being met. Perform smooth transition from contract to advancing an event.
- Maintain and foster customer and community relationships
- Assist with research and special projects assigned by the Executive team
- Main strong knowledge of all CRM and booking systems and keep up to date with all new features, functions, and tools
- Implement sales policies and assist with continual development
- Aggressively and strategically seek opportunities to secure, curate and/or co-promote revenue generating events/activities that are in line with our non-profit mission
- Work with Executive Director and Legal Department to keep license and production contracts up to date to industry best practices
- Maintain industry knowledge and keep up to date with local and national trends
The Venue Booking Agent should have the following skills, educations, and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a sales position
- Experience with CRM system
- Associate degree or higher from an accredited university preferred but not required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with making changes on short notice
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, including use of MS Office or Google products
- Pay Rate/Range: Base + Commission (ranging from $40,000-90,000+)
- Holiday and paid time off
- Full benefits package including medical, dental vision, life insurance, disability, accident, flexible spending and transit
- 401(k) plan with company match