General Summary of the Position
St. Francis of Assisi Parish is looking for a creative, hard-working, innovative, solutions-orientated, and passionate individual to serve as a parish Liturgy Coordinator. The Liturgy Coordinator’s main objective is to ensure a superb caliber of liturgy is experienced by supporting and collaborating with the Worship Director. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, innovative, and able to perform key tasks independently in a timely manner. This individual should be a self-starter that enjoys working in a team environment and is excited to join a growing Catholic parish with a diverse culture and spiritual community. In addition, we are looking for a candidate that likes to be in a positive, Christ-centered culture, where we pray, and try to live like a “church family,” where we work hard and have fun and laugh as often as when possible. This role will require a firm understanding of our Church’s vision, culture, and values.
The Liturgy Coordinator position will require a flexible work schedule which will include weekends and some evenings. If you are not willing/able to work during these time frames, please do not apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
- In collaboration with the Director of Worship, ensure the accurate and timely scheduling of all clergy for daily and Sunday (including Vigil) English and Spanish Masses.
- Responsible for developing weekly Presiders’ Book(s) for Sunday (including vigil) Masses, which includes prayers of the faithful, any special blessings or commissionings, coordinating all announcements, and Mass intentions. Collaborates with other staff such as Communications, Ministry, Faith Formation/Youth and Young Adult Ministry, etc. to include all necessary information in announcements.
- Responsible for developing and printing weekly worship aids for all English and Spanish Masses including coordinating with all music leads/choir directors to ensure correct music is included. Also responsible for distributing Worship Aids to Church/Chapel prior to Masses and removing leftover Worship Aids after Masses.
- Oversees and is responsible for successful planning and celebration of all daily Masses. This includes Presiders’ Books, Mass intentions, special blessings/commissioning as needed, collaborating with presiders to determine which feast/memorials should be celebrated, etc.
- Oversees Parish Ordo (Excel) and ensures accurate information is entered into eSpace (parish calendaring system).
- In collaboration with the Director of Worship, responsible for ensuring the Worship Team is represented as needed and agreed upon by the Pastor for Sunday Masses and other liturgical celebrations. (e.g., Ash Wednesday, All Saints Day, Christmas, Triduum, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring all supplies are ordered in a timely manner such as hosts, reduced-gluten hosts, wine, incense, paper for worship aids, lectionaries for lectors, etc.
- Ensures Roman Missals, Lectionaries, and Sacramentaries are in good order.
- Coordinates the cleaning of Liturgical Vestments.
- Ensures all sacrastries are properly kept organized and cleaned and equipped with working materials and equipment.
- Works in tandem with Technology and A/V Specialists to ensure all clergy microphones/headsets are in working order.
- Responsible for staying current on all diocese guidelines and policies pertaining to the celebration of liturgy.
- Coordinates with Ministry Assistant to ensure all volunteers are safe environment cleared.
- Supports the Director of Worship and Youth Ministry Director for any necessary liturgical training for teens and young adults.
- Supports the Director of Worship for any coordination with Facilities and Campus Operations staff to ensure church and chapel are properly cleaned and sanitized as needed and directed.
- Supports the Director of Worship to collaborate with the Ministry team and Technology and A/V Specialist, to help plan, coordinate and set up Praise and Worship events.
- Confessions: works with the Director of Worship to coordinate confessions, including preparation for confessions, setting up/tearing down, scheduling volunteers as needed, recruiting visiting priests as needed (managing stipends for visiting priests as well).
- Adoration: responsible for assisting coordination of weekly adoration including ensuring clergy are assigned for exposition and reposition of the Blessed Sacrament. Responsible for potentially assisting in supporting the needs of a future expanded Adoration schedule.
- Visiting Priests: collaborates with the Director of Worship to ensure all visiting priests for confessions, Masses and retreats are scheduled as needed. This may include working with other staff with knowledge in this area such as the Receptionist. This also includes greeting and offering hospitality to visiting clergy.
- Lent/Advent: Supports the Director of Worship to plan and execute all Lent and Advent Liturgy programming such as Stations of the Cross, Liturgy of the Hours/Vespers, Lighting of the Advent Wreath, etc.)
- Collaborates with the Director of Worship and as others as needed (i.e., Pastor, diocese liturgy staff) for any special liturgies such as priest and deacon ordinations.
- Supports the Director of Worship and other applicable staff to schedule, plan and orchestrate 1st holy communion Masses, 1st reconciliation services, RCIA/RICA rites, liturgies, scrutinies, 8th grade/High School and Adult Confirmations.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Feast: responsible for collaborating with the Spanish Evangelization team to ensure the successful liturgical celebration of the annual feast for Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- Via Crucis (live stations & play) and Via Lucis responsible for coordinating and organizing Via Crucis and Via Lucis as directed.
- Maintains a work process binder for job related tasks.
- Coordinates new and ongoing formation of liturgical ministers: Greeters, Altar Servers, Ushers, Lectors, Sacristans.
- Participates and serves as a member of the Parish Liturgy Commission (volunteers)
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by Pastor and/or Senior Director of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Looking for a candidate that possess a servant-leadership mindset.
- Looking for a candidate that likes to be in a positive, Christ-centered culture, where we pray, and try to live like a “church family,” work hard and have fun when we can.
- Seeking a person that can maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
- Searching for someone who is adept at problem solving.
- The ideal candidate can understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
- To succeed, it is ideal to have excellent customer service and diplomacy skills
- Looking for a candidate who is familiar with current Catholic and Dallas Diocese liturgy policies and procedures
- Seeking a person who is open and willing to continuing to learn and grow in knowledge and understanding of liturgy best practices
- Should be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
- Needs to possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
- Searching for the right candidate who has the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
- Should possess the ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
- To succeed, the ideal candidate has excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Must be a Catholic in good standing.
- Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Associates degree in related field.
- This position requires weekends and occasional evenings.