The Senior Manager of Consumer Marketing will be responsible for leading the team that manages the strategy and execution of OSV’s B2C team. This position will manage driving the communication strategy for name acquisition, building scalable multi-channel communication campaigns to drive consumer sales as well as increase exposure of all OSV content. (This includes digital, email, text, social media, collateral, video, landing pages, website, periodicals, print, POP, social channels). The goal is to increase awareness and engagement within the customer segments in order to increase content consumption, drive conversion to sales, subscriptions as well as purchases on the consumer bookstore. In addition, this position will be responsible for developing, executing and measuring the effectiveness of communications strategies, including working with data analytics to analyze campaign performance, communicating results, and recommend improvements to achieve desired outcomes. The incumbent must be self-directed, goal driven with exceptional communications skills.
Essential Job Functions:
Consultation, Strategic Direction and execution of consumer marketing for sales and content
- Lead a team in developing communication strategy, think big picture, understand the business to position OSV products including content across all platforms and execute work as needed across multiple channels
- Help influence customer preference and conversion for OSV content and products
- Analyze and interpret internal, market and competitor information; identify underlying drivers of change and trends as a base for improving results
- Provide internal and external consultation with clients, external agencies and senior management.
Build effective marketing campaigns:
- Develop and create campaigns to grow consumer database as well as drive sales through the ecommerce platforms
- Drive consumer engagement, propose new paths for growth, and create sustainable, scalable processes for continued name acquisition and increased content consumption.
- Train sales and implementation teams on marketing support programs for engagement, develop scalable training and plan for external enrollment resources in newsletter and other product offerings.
- Working with internal teams, drive accountability and measurement for all online marketing and digital engagement as well as consumer ecommerce sales
- Analyze performance metrics and communicate findings inclusive of recommendations to achieve desired results
All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or business related degree required
- 10+ years of marketing preferably in consumer marketing, content marketing and/or subscription businesses
- Demonstrated experience managing B2C strategy and execution required.
- Ecommerce experience required
- Working knowledge and experience with content management, social management/listening, and digital platforms required
- Sales and revenue-oriented leader, with sales experience a plus
- Experience with setting and achieving measurable goals, creating and implementing marketing and communication plans, working with design team to create marketing materials to meet goals, familiarity with advertising regulations, working within budgets, prioritizing, meeting deadlines, and thinking creatively required
- A critical thinker with the ability to leverage analytics to optimize programs and content required.
- Strong interpersonal and ability to build effective internal and external relationships, manage vendors and influence change required
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills required
- Proven writing and business communications skills required
- Interest in building management and mentoring skills required
- Ability to develop colleagues understanding of departmental interdependencies and processes required
- Have or be able to quickly gain a thorough understanding of products and services offered required.
- Willingness to acknowledge inquiries and be responsive/ proactive with current project requests and status required
- Clear understanding of digital marketing, MarTech stack and marketing automation systems
- Working knowledge of Catholic faith
- Incumbent will be working in an office environment, occasional overnight travel will be necessary*