The Parish Capital Campaign Consultant is responsible for consulting with parishes and dioceses to develop stewardship or fundraising strategies and to sell OSV Parish Capital Campaigns to support the overall strategy. The consultant will incorporate the full breadth of OSV products and services to the extent possible as part of the overall solutions, with a primary focus on meeting revenue goals for capital campaign engagements. In this role you will be both the consultant and the overall project manager for the campaign.
The Parish Capital Campaign Consultant will develop relationships across the territory which will result in successful engagements, primarily at parishes yielding both high levels of customer satisfaction and attainment of revenue goals for the territory. The incumbent will review territory status on a periodic basis, including customer satisfaction levels, won/lost business, new business, recurring business and any outstanding issues. The incumbent will provide recommendations for new product and service offerings to product managers.
Essential Job Functions (*=Non-essential tasks):
- Sell, manage and implement parish capital campaign consulting engagements, which include consulting on the campaign, reporting, and project managing the implementation of the print and mail services and other associated resources for the campaign
- Manage all campaign related operations ensuring achievement of organizational campaign goals
- Collaborate with production and marketing staff on campaign-related collateral materials and events, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and consistency of messages
- Assist with ongoing measurement of financial success of campaign engagements, both for the client and internally
- Develop strong positive relationships contacts at assigned dioceses and parishes which result in repeat business
- Develop a thorough understanding of diocesan organizations and business processes
- Develop annual revenue and sales plans for assigned territory. This includes understanding key value drivers for those organizations and proposing appropriate OSV solutions to provide value.
- Conduct presentations and workshops as appropriate
- Be a strategic partner who proactively offers new solutions to benefit the customers and to help their respective programs
- Provide regular updates and status against plans for OSV management team to include recommendations and business justification to OSV for changes to products and services or new products and services
- Coordinate resolution of customer issues in a timely manner making follow up calls as required.
- Use CRM to document calls, track opportunities, and assign all order changes
- Use other tools as needed to provide sales revenue reporting, revenue retention reporting (increased/decreased revenue) and Customer Satisfaction
- Ability to travel to conventions, diocesan events, or customer meetings
* Other duties as assigned
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Minimum of 5 years of consulting, stewardship and fundraising experience
- Territory planning experience
- Proven record of sales results with high levels of customer satisfaction
- Experience working with various organizations within the Church with proven success
- Completed Business or Communication classes
- Knowledge of business management and planning
- Fundraising Experience
- CFRE Certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage statistical data and assess fundraising effectiveness and devise strategic plans
- Ability to discover needs and sell products and services
- Strong relationship building skills required
- Detail-oriented with the ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to set and meet goals without supervision
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Incumbent works in an office environment
- Incumbent will travel to customers regularly and will be responsible for coordinating local meetings for customer teams.