Advancement at San Joaquin Memorial High School seeks to forge stronger partnerships and deeper relationships between the institution and all of its stakeholders—students, faculty, alumni, parents, community partners, media, parishes, feeder schools, foundations, business partners, and friends. The Advancement function also encompasses traditional resource development as well as other mission-critical functions and processes necessary to effectively compete for students, faculty, philanthropic money, and volunteer leadership. The focus of all activities must be consistent with the Mission and Vision of the school.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible and accountable to the President for the overall direction of Advancement at San Joaquin Memorial High School and the specific disciplines of annual giving programs (including the Annual Fund, auction); major gift program (including the current funding initiative); planned giving program; grant-writing; special events and communications.
2. Craft a vision for the advancement program appropriate to the institution.
3. Belongs to the institution’s senior administrative team.
4. Becomes involved in the community and understands the value of building strategic
community partnerships that can be leveraged for the benefit of the school.
5. Works closely with the President, advancement staff, Board and is responsible for the
creation, regular updating, and execution of the Advancement Department’s strategic action plan. Works collaboratively with all support groups including Admissions Office, booster clubs, and other related groups and organizations.
6. Identify, cultivate, solicit and close leadership gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospects in this category.
7. Responsible for advising and staffing the President on all issues pertaining to the advancement program, as well as the leadership gift prospect assigned to her/him.
MATERIALS: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. Bachelor's Degree is required with a Master's Degree preferred.