Nov 11, 2021
National Council US, Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Hybrid work model
- Strategically manage a portfolio of corporate, foundation, and individual prospects
- Participate in a collaborative moves management strategy
- Initiate contact with prospective donors and create cultivation strategies for each
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in all circumstances
- Build a network of relationships with Vincentians, Council, and National Foundation leadership, donors, and national staff
- Craft a result-driven strategy for building strong relationships with individuals, national corporate sponsors, and/or other partner organizations/businesses
- Manage a portfolio of 150-175 donors and prospects
- Oversee each step of the donor pipeline: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Write proposals for funding and manage the efforts of outside grant writers
- Develop individual donor strategies, renewing and upgrading gifts, deepening relationships with the National Council
- Collaborate nationally to enhance relationships with corporations, foundations, and individuals for philanthropic investment
- Incorporate planned giving wherever possible in philanthropy communications
- Record all donor strategies and communications in the CRM
- Provide regular reports on progress to goal and strategies to reach goal
- Maintain confidentiality about any proprietary data and privileged information concerning SVdP, its donors, staff, members, volunteers, entities and programs.
- Assist in the implementation of the National Strategic Plan goals
- Other assignments as determined by the Chief Advancement Officer and/or the Chief
Key Competencies of the Position:
- Understanding of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, its mission and values
- Knowledgeable of development principles, fundraising strategies and ethics, and familiarity with the “moves management” process
- The ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with individuals and corporations
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience in nonprofit fundraising, with progressive responsibility and a proven record of successful donor engagement
- Experience with Donor Perfect or other comprehensive CRM software.
- Knowledge of grant identification, development, and management, particularly for federal, state and private foundation grants.
- Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing, including budget development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of local and national government and private foundations.
- A record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding philanthropic relationships with high-profile individuals, foundations, and corporate leaders
- Experience in building strategic relationships and partnerships for long-term collaborations
- Strong critical thinking skills, big-picture, creative strategic thinking
- Experience working with grant writers or other funding proposal collaboration
- Skilled in oral and written presentations
- Build trust internally and externally and command a professional image
- Ability to work independently, to be a self-starter, to manage multiple projects, set and manages priorities, make sound decisions, and meet deadlines
- Minimum of a bachelor degree (preferred Masters) in a related field
- Enhance the operational effectiveness of the National Council Office staff
- Provide fundraising assistance to Arch/Diocesan Councils and individual Conferences throughout the United States
- Develop relationships with individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Willing and able to travel nationally
- Support the Rule (SVdPUSA governance manual) and By-Laws of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the Society and all pertinent legal regulations
- Prepare and accomplish annual performance objectives
- Participate in annual self-evaluation and performance review
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to afilson@svdpusa.