Nov 11, 2021
National Council US, Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Hybrid work model
The Director of National Fundraising Programs is responsible for sharing the impact of SVdP’s many works with our loyal and future donors and offering them opportunities to make a greater national impact through their philanthropy. The position oversees all direct response appeals and will work with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) to grow the organizations revenue through direct mail, mid-level donor giving, and monthly donor giving.
- Will work with CAO to develop a strategy to grow revenue through direct mail, mid-level giving, and monthly giving
- Will manage an established multi-channel, direct-response program. Overseeing the production and evaluation of 6 appeals and 4 newsletters
- Will develop with CAO a marketing plan for mid-level donors to increase retention and average gift size and identify major and planned gift prospects
- Will work with the marketing team to promote a monthly giving society
- Will develop budgets and report results of all direct response giving programs
- Will work with local SVdP Councils to grow donor acquisition through a shared donor acquisition program which mails to donor prospects and shares revenue with participating local SVdP Councils
- Will assist the Advancement Team in the planning, promotion, and evaluation of other national fundraising efforts including the annual Friends of the Poor Walk and the National Vehicle Donation Program
- Will perform other development activities as may be required my management.
Key Competencies of the Position
- Understanding of the Society of St. Vincent De Paul; its mission, vision and values.
- The ability to prioritize tasks.
- Efficient/effective communication oriented.
- Accuracy and detail oriented.
- Flexibility/adaptability to a variety of assignments.
- Multitask oriented.
- Follow through and time consciousness.
- Ability to initiate independent activity.
- Competent in achieving results.
- Willingness to function as part of a team.
- Ability to deal responsively with internal and external customers.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree in nonprofit management, public relations, communications, marketing, sales or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience in developing and implementing programs with proven results, development related activities, or leadership positions for a sales organization.
- Team player able to relate to and work with diverse constituencies, including all levels of staff, volunteers, and board.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and follows instruction effectively).
- Positive, professional demeanor and ability to develop, maintain, and utilize relationships to advance fundraising/program goals and mission of the SVdPUSA.
- A self-starter, independent worker with the ability to develop a plan and report on its progress.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and budget development and management.
- Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer successful fundraising programs.
- Flexibility of schedule and availability of time necessary to accomplish goals.
- Leadership skills in supervising committee and volunteers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook, and CRM’s.
- Enhances the operational effectiveness of National fundraising programs as assigned.
- Provides assistance to Conferences and Councils members throughout the Society within the United States.
- Some travel required.
- Assist staff with specific projects and provide information to facilitate workflow at the direction of your supervisor.
- A deep understanding of the Catholic teachings and principles.
- Ability to evaluate and adjust direct response material to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Ability to create marketing plan for 400-600 mid-level donors
- Ability to manage people, process, deadlines, and budget while adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ability to steward donors’ gifts and communicate the impact of their philanthropy
- Supports the Rule and Bylaws of the National Council, Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the National Council, Society of St. Vincent de Paul and all pertinent legal regulations.
- Prepares and accomplishes annual performance and program objectives.
- Participates in annual self-evaluation and performance review.
- Ability to get along with peers, vendors, management and maintain a positive and constructive attitude while solving problems. Ability to be a team player and protect the mission, goals, and values of the organization.
To apply: email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.