Reports to: Director of Finance
This position is an exempt, full-time, year-round position.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- In-charge of the cash receipts/accounts receivable and payroll processing cycles.
- Works with the Director of Finance (Director) in maintaining the general ledger, including monthly reconciliations, closing entries, accruals, and revenue and expense recognition.
- Assists the Director in the financial closing process and preparation of periodic and annual financial statements; annual budget and financial outlook; and other financial analyses and reports.
- Reviews and ensures the application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures; seeks opportunities for improvements.
- Works with the Advancement Office to help ensure the proper and timely recording of donations and fundraising proceeds.
- Works with the Director of Enrollment Management and the Veracross Administrator in the planning and execution of the re-enrollment process and in welcoming new students and families.
- Assists employees in understanding the application of health and welfare benefits including the retirement plan, and other statutory requirements as they relate to their employment at the school.
- Assists in the onboarding of new employees and end-of-employment procedures.
- Ensures the school’s compliance with established personnel policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enthusiastic commitment to the mission of St. Joseph School and the institution’s core values; possesses an understanding of the Catholic faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or significant relevant experience in accounting and financial reporting.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles in the US, preferably in a not-for-profit setting.
- Strong awareness of the different needs of users of financial information; has the ability to manage expectations in addressing those needs.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exhibits digital fluency and is motivated to learn new accounting and other information systems; motivated to do own research to resolve accounting, financial and other
Application Process - Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.