HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
SERVITE HIGH SCHOOL | ANAHEIM, CA | $80,000 + BENEFITS
- Maintains employer/employee relations in accordance with state and federal law.
- Works closely with attorneys in responding to, and gathering information for, legal issues.
- Represents the company on any wrongful termination or unemployment claims.
- Addresses complaints and resolves employee problems.
- Conduct internal investigations if necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains handbook(s) on policies and procedures.
- PayDay: Including, but not limited to, adding/terminating employees, maintaining Active/Inactive employees, compiling year-end reports such as ACA & GTL reports, making pay changes for semi-monthly payroll, previewing, and preparing for processing by Business Office.
- Acts as a benefits administrator.
- Works with an insurance broker to direct Open Enrollment.
- Audit Blue Shield and Guardian invoices for AP monthly.
- Maintain and update Salary/Stipend spreadsheets.
- Update employee salaries and stipends in payroll, staff in July, faculty in August.
- Maintains department reports including, but not limited to, salary banding reports, employee turnover reports, employee education reports, evaluation reports, organization charts.
- Monitors and processes approved FTE forms. Prepares employment agreements for all new employees.
- Prepares Intent to Return forms and Employment Agreements for current employees.
- Processes and follow-up for COBRA and Retirement Benefits for separated employees.
- Works with school supervisors in recommending and directing reward and disciplinary measures for employees.
- Monitors performance evaluations for exempt & non-exempt personnel.
- Updates existing employee records.
- Manages all Leave of Absence paperwork and reporting, including Maternity, Paternity and Disability leaves as well as the State of CA on FMLA and CFRA processing for employees on leaves of absence.
- Manages garnishments and employee verifications.
- Manages EDD benefits audits and Medicare employment information requests.
- Compile employee information for Academic Office.
- Provide information on former employees to Advancement.
- Helps facilitate implementation of Servite Way.
- Sets HR-related dates such as holidays on Master Schedule.
- Works with Administration in compiling employee information for WCEA.
- Works with departments on interviewing, hiring, and training of employees.
- Directs new-employee on-boarding and off-boarding/separation process
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Servite community and coworkers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to accept direction and constructive criticism.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance and punctuality.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES. As necessary, supervise employees to ensure work is completed to the highest level of technical and professional standards. Conducts such supervision in accordance with School policies and applicable laws. As needed, perform, and provide input to the school regarding employee interviewing, hiring, training, evaluation, and discipline, as well as assigning and directing work. Position currently does not have direct reports.
QUALIFICATIONS. To successfully perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR Management, or related field.
- 5 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of general computer software; Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS. Servite will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability in order to enable them to perform the essential functions of this job.
Qualified and interested candidates please contact Peggy Baggott @ 714.376.5182 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know a qualified candidate? RCC Group pays $1,000 for referred candidates we place!