Date: March 8, 2022
Position Available: Gift Processing Specialist
Position Reports to: Director of Advancement Services
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Please apply online:
The Gift Processing Specialist will process non-cash gifts and pledges related to online fundraising events, gifts received via the University website and phonathon, as well as cash and other gifts as needed. Position will implement gift acknowledgement letters and receipting in a timely manner and assist with database maintenance projects.
- Process daily non-cash batches of University gifts from online donations, as well as phonathon and credit card gifts, and cash gifts as needed. Accurately process gifts with adherence to the highest standards of financial accountability.
- Implement the production and mailing of gift acknowledgement letters and receipts, in coordination with Stewardship Officer. Ensure phonathon acknowledgement and consider letters are produced and mailed in a timely manner.
- Correspond with benefactors to update expired credit card information. Record updated information accordingly.
- In collaboration with other University units, formulate, propose, and implement enhanced operational processes to continue to improve and streamline workflow.
- Ensure entries into Raiser’s Edge are accurate, timely, and complete through regular verification and maintenance procedures. This includes making sure proper steps are taken to handle financial instruments and constituent records with security and confidentiality.
- Assist with database maintenance projects as needed.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University's needs.
Must understand, support, and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
- Experience in payment processing, bookkeeping, or banking desirable.
- Gift processing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software preferred.
- Thinks and acts with the benefactors’ interests in mind; displays a strong service orientation.
- Is effective at identifying and organizing various process steps into an efficient workflow.
- Can develop effective strategies as well as workable implementation plans.
- Seeks ways to apply innovative solutions to existing problems.
- Consistently checks work for accuracy, appropriateness, and completeness.
- Associates degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience acceptable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Ability to travel from building to building to attend meetings as well as daily delivery/pick up of mail/deposits to other departments.
Candidates must submit an online application, a resume and a cover letter that demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments, and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply online:
For other information and job postings, visit our website at https://www.franciscan.edu
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer.