Position: Primary Grade Teacher
Type of Position: Full-time, exempt
St. Joseph School is seeking a primary grade teacher for the 2022 - 2023 school year to join a highly motivated, curious, and passionate staff of educators. Primary grade curriculum includes Reading/English Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Religion, and Math.
- Create a supportive and caring classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another, through student-centered instruction, collaboration and authentic assessment.
- Teach the core curriculum as outlined by the Archdiocese of Seattle and aligned with the Common Core Standards.
- Develop short-term and long-term learning targets derived from Common Core Standards.
- Consistently use formative assessments to drive instruction.
- Differentiate instruction so that all students achieve mastery of learning targets.
- Work with the grade level teaching team to plan, create common assessments, analyze data, to ensure the success of all students.
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Participate in all staff, building, and grade level meetings and perform various faculty supervisory duties.
The successful candidate will:
- Have enthusiastic commitment to the mission of St. Joseph School and the institution’s core values.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Use technology as needed to instruct, assess and communicate student progress.
- Desire to continue professional development.
- Hold a valid teaching certificate or is in the process of securing one.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.