The Staff Accountant is responsible for administering support related to the upkeep and maintenance of the school’s financial and accounting records. The Staff Accountant should perform these tasks with minimal supervision and direction. The Staff Accountant will function as the first level of support for Staff and Faculty as it relates to creating Purchase Orders and paying invoices. In addition to the mentioned primary responsibilities, this position will also work closely with outside consultants and other school departments to achieve the highest grant funding available for use to the school. This is a full-time position that reports to the Business Manager.
The Staff Accountant at Mount de Sales Academy is expected to be a highly skilled professional who works in close collaboration with other Business Office Staff so that he or she may effectively fulfill the various roles that must be assumed over the course of the day. Mount de Sales Academy seeks to offer a high-quality program that is integrated with religious truths and values. The Staff Accountant supports the basic beliefs, values and traditions of the Catholic Church in communications, personal demeanor, and lifestyle. The Staff Accountant is expected to model Gospel values in his or her spirit of service. Respect for the dignity of each person is of the utmost importance.
Duties and Responsibilities
An employee in this classification typically performs the duties below. However, an employee may not be assigned all duties or may be assigned other related duties not listed.
- Day-to-day responsibility for the complete Account Payable Cycle, from Purchase Authority to Fund release.
- Monthly Reconciliations, including any necessary journal entries, of all School Bank and Investment Accounts.
- Oversight of current Grant funding programs.
- Monthly Credit Card analysis and reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields.
- Knowledge of fund accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting business computer systems, including QuickBooks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Products Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with electronic banking transactions.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Grant policies and procedures (ERate & Title monies).
- Experience in non-profit accounting.
- Experience in accounting for investments.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial NXT accounting software.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Grant policies and procedures (Title monies).