The Board of Directors appoints the Executive Director of SJBS. A collaborative relationship between the Executive Director and Headmaster is a requirement. The responsibilities of the Executive Director include: (1) daily operations; (2) finances and budgeting; (3) Board of Directors activities and long-range planning, and public relations.
The Executive Director and Headmaster lead the administrative team at SJBS. This model of school administration is one of equality with both specific and shared responsibilities for nurturing and maintaining the mission and traditions of the school and ensuring fidelity to the Magisterium.
▪ The Headmaster is responsible for the academic operations of St. John Bosco, including the instructional leadership of the school, as well as hiring and supervision of instructional personnel, the curriculum, and studentlife.
▪ The Executive Director is responsible for the business and non-academic aspects of the administration including finances, human resources, strategic planning, public relations, and building facility.
The Executive Director embraces the mission and three pillars of SJBS as described in our School History and Profile. The Executive Director must possess strong leadership skills that inspire excellence and cooperation from all constituent groups and demonstrate (1) a comprehensive working knowledge of school finance, non-academic operations, and budgeting, (2) the ability to promote a strong institutional presence within the community, and (3) a commitment to continuing and enhancing strategic planning. Familiarity with public relations, and communications and the supervision of facilities will be valuable assets.
We seek a Catholic Executive Director possessing a minimum of 3 years of experience in a nonprofit institution or a master’s degree in Administration or related field, and a demonstrated commitment to Catholic education. Salary starts at $55,000, commensurate with experience.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
1. Daily non-academic operations including wide range of school administration including finance, human resources, facilities management, public relations.
2. Maintain/establish and implement, in collaboration with the Headmaster, faculty and staff, policies and programs designed to integrate the philosophy and mission of the school.
3. Implement policies and directives of the Board of Directors.
4. Oversee and facilitate long-range planning.
5. Provide input and direction for the Board of Directors and plan and implement Board formationstrategies.
6. Maintain/establish and implement financial procedures that provide information to the Board and stability to SJBS.
7. Provide public relations activities that maintain positive communication with key constituents.
The Executive Director maintains the following working relationships:
1. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
2. The Executive Director maintains a consultative, collaborative relationship with the Headmaster.
3. The Executive Director maintains a supervisory relationship with selected staff.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above qualifications please click the APPLY NOW button below. We look forward to hearing from you!