St. Teresa of Calcutta Parish is looking for an energetic, dynamic person to lead its Family Faith Program. The program currently meets primarily on Sundays and focuses on educating the entire family in their Faith through attending Mass and participating in related activities. The Faith Formation Coordinator is responsible for planning, integrating, implementing, coordinating and evaluating faith formation and Sacramental preparation programs for children of our parish.
The primary responsibilities of the person in this position include:
- Serve as a member of parish staff and administration team. Attend staff meetings, Diocesan Catechetical Leader meetings, Faith Formation team meetings and learning session days.
- Work with the Pastor to develop topics to be covered in each teaching mass. Work with the Pastor to identify and schedule guest speakers, as appropriate.
- Plan program activities and program resource requirements including, but not limited to supplies, volunteers and space. requirements. Ensure efficient movement between activities.
- Coordinate with volunteers to develop activities that will help reinforce the topic covered in the mass while helping to build a sense of community among the families of the parish.
- Obtain pastor support and approval for the curriculum.
- Participate in preparing the operating budget for the faith formation program according to parish policies.
- Recruit and train volunteers. Support and encourage opportunities for volunteer development.
- Oversee sacramental preparation programs. Recruit and train volunteers to teach the First Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation classes.
- Coordinate with the Safe Environment Coordinator to ensure that all volunteers (adults and teens) comply with Archdiocesan Safe Environment requirements.
- Coordinating with the rest of the Faith Formation team and parish staff, work to develop a faith community among the youth of the parish.
- Conduct regular evaluations of effectiveness of Faith Formation and Sacramental Preparation Programs.
- Manage selection, purchase and stocking of catechetical materials.
- Continue personal growth in faith and professional advancement through attending meetings, conventions, workshops and Archdiocesan events concerning faith formation and through reading current materials.
- Supervise and coordinate faith formation administrative staff, catechists, and program volunteers. Ensure program is implemented as intended.
Each candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree. Degree in Theology/Faith Formation/Catechesis or related field or Masters Degree is a plus.
- Practicing Roman Catholic. The person in this position is expected to be a person of faith and give witness. to the faith by the life he/she lives. This person will take time to develop his/her personal prayer life.
- Experience with event planning and remote learning tools.
- Must pass a background check and have completed or will complete, Protecting God's Children training.
- As an employee of the Parish, the Faith Formation Coordinator will, at all times, abide by the Archdiocese of Newark's Policies on Professional and Ministerial Conduct.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills combined with knowledge of catechetical methodology and pedagogy.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to supervise part-time administrative staff.
This position requires someone who is able to work weekends and afternoon/evenings during the school year.