The Performing Arts Teacher/Theatre Production Director plans, organizes, and implements the Mount de Sales Academy instructional program in a Catholic learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. This position requires professional certification or pursuit of certification and knowledge of technology programs that support instruction and student recordkeeping. This is a part-time (full-time
dependent upon the level of qualifications) job during the school year and reports to the Vice Principal of Academics.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following description attempts to point out some of the roles that are common to most teachers and teaching situations.
- Teaches classes within the field of drama, theatre, public speaking, or related courses.
- Directs all school productions including a full musical production and stage play.
- Collaborates with the Fine Arts Department in planning the Fine Arts Festival
- Oversees actors and stage crew for all practices, performances, and events.
- Supervises the drama club, International Thespian Society chapter, and extra-curricular related performing arts activities.
- A commitment to the mission and vision of Catholic education in general and Mount de Sales Academy in particular.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, instructional software, and online grade administration
- Punctuality and adherence to schedules.
- Manifests an attitude of enthusiasm for learning
- A bachelor’s degree in Education, Drama, Theatre Education, or related field.
- Experience teaching high-school theatre and directing full-musical productions.
- Certification in content area or working toward certification.
- Good interpersonal skills.