The Technical Project Manager II is a tech-savvy individual that enables OCP to develop, enhance, and operate online properties and integration interfaces, and to support enterprise applications and cloud services. As an IT leader, the role requires an excellent communicator and relationship builder.
The Technical Project Manager II utilizes their IT background, business process knowledge, and agile experience to own highly technical projects from beginning to end, and to drive sprint ceremonies for development teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages medium to large technical enhancement and support projects by coordinating resources, scheduling activities, ensuring effective communication, and monitoring timelines and deliverables.
· Works with stakeholders to identify scope, risks, and expectations.
· Serves as scrum master for one or more development teams by removing impediments, working with product owner to prioritize backlog, helping the team understand scope, and coaching on Agile best practices.
· Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups, grooming sessions, retrospectives, iteration planning, process improvement, demos and other Agile-related meetings.
· Gathers and documents functional and technical requirements.
· Analyzes and troubleshoots bugs and defects in the UI, data, or process and partners with other IT resources to prioritize and resolve them.
· Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint release progress.
· Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments.
· Proactively facilitates, supports, and mentors the daily efforts of regular staff as well as project contractors and vendors.
· Maintains process documentation.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coaches and mentor other OCP project managers and coordinators.
· Assists in developing and maintaining an effective sprint process.
· Serves as liaison between IT and PMO.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT), Business, or closely related field or equivalent experience.
· At least 3 years of related work experience in a business environment.
· At least 2 years working in an Agile environment.
· Proven experience planning and implementing large projects with strong organizational and group facilitation skills.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to think creatively, solve problems, and collaborate to find solutions.
· Experience with cloud services.
· Experience in balancing feature requests and support items.
· Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously.
· Understanding of software development life cycle.
· CSM and PMP certification or similar accreditation preferred.
· Advanced skills in Jira preferred.
OCP supports its employees with great benefits and opportunities for growth—all in a casual, values-driven environment. We think it’s a great place to be a part of, and we think you will, too. If you align with our mission and have the experience just described, we would love to talk with you.
OCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any category protected by law. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization.
TO APPLY: Visit www.ocp.org/en-us/careers, click on View Current Openings, click on the position title and submit your application along with the requested application materials.